Anvilbrother

Post your favorite jump planes tail number

PAPA UNIFORM 55 YANKEE (PU55Y)

Years ago when I was a US Navy air traffic controller we had a new girl working down in Base Operations. I called and asked her to look through the flight plans and see if she had a PU55Y. She called back and said "No". I told her "You've got to have a PU55Y". She said she insisted that she didn't.

I told her to call Alice Texas Flight Service station and see where her PU55Y was. I listened in on the landline and she told them "The Tower says I should have a PU55Y but I can't find him". The guy at flight Service caught on to the joke and asked her "Are you sure you don't have a PU55Y? because I show that you should". She insisted she didn't and then called the Operations Duty Officer.

He started cracking up and explained the joke to her. She got very embarassed/pssed off and called and chewed my ass out. About 2 months later she moved in with me.:)
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

N9098X

Our first plane at the DZ, typical jump plane, not much to her, but boy...when we called on her to perform, she did it each and every time. I miss her. We affectionately called her Buttercup, she was yellow and white. Our new plane is blue and white and we call her Blue Bell, Bell for short. I have two buttercup flowers tattooed on my back and I will go out and get some bluebells put on too.
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

I think I did most of my jumps from C-GAEK and C-GQTD. One of these planes has its 50th anniversary next year, the other is newer.

I also made a paper airplane with a jump door and labelled the tail C-PAPR, and threw it across the packing area during a boogie. ;)

Anyone else remember it ?

I do. Used to fly out of Pelicanland, in Maryland some. I was very young, but remenber when Roger Nelson bought it. She had sat at Hyde field in Maryland for years with a blown engine, they hung an engine on it, and flew it to Sandwich ?? Then it ended up in Xenia for a bit I think.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/060379/M/

Lance

***I don't know how you get away with half the funny stuff you pull off !!

I'm flying with Angels Bro! Beach jump! Did someone say Beach jump? I'm in there!B|:)

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

N8210X -- It clearly answered the old wuffo question, "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane?" Oddly enough, the FAA registry doesn't show that N number on the same make of plane it was, so just *maybe* there was a little hanky-panky going on with the registry, too. (Hmmm...maybe that's why the numbers were on it in masking tape?)