SkydiveStMarys

What book is on your night stand?

Every Second Counts by Lance Armstrong

A very good book. I'm almost done with it and I must say, I admire his outlook on life.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Now y'all are skydivers but by no means does that make you illiterate, whats on your night stand?

I'm currently reading...

A Million Little Pieces
by James Frey

Last night I was at a friend's house. She was also reading that book...A Million Little Pieces. She says it's extremely well written. She didn't think she'd like it, but now she's having a hard time getting house work done for sitting and reading.... May have to check it out soon.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares. My daughter read it and wanted me to read to so we can go see the movie together. But I'm also reading The Parachute and its Pilot.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

"Blind Man's Bluff", a story of cold war submarine ops.Amzing things that went on in the shadowy world of submarine espionage. I highly recommend it.

Also Carl Sagan's "The Demon-Haunted World, Science as a Candle in the Dark." This book and Jared Diamond's "Collapse" should be required reading in High School. Check them out.B|

Pleasure: Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire

I love that book. Pity the wicked stepsister one he wrote wasn't so good.

For me
Under and Alone by William Queen (good non-fiction, highly recommended)
Savage Summit - First Five Women Who Climbed K2 by Jennifer Jordan (yes I snuck over from RC.com)
Blink - the Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcom Gladwell (his other book was better).

Anyone else like to be reading several different books at the same time?

Okay...it's almost 4AM and I have to get up by 9AM to teach Sunday school...but I'm still up posting!!!...well, I'm having an insomnia moment...here's what's on my nightstand.

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers
Anne of Green Gables by L.Montgomery
that's just a small list...I have tons more in the corner of my room I plan on reading....one being Tristram Shandy!!!!
If I like it, I can read it in one sitting ((Gone with the Wind (Margaret Mitchell) and Main Street (Sinclair Lewis)) was read in 24 hours straight). if I don't, it's never going to see daylight. However, I can't read Hemmingway in one sitting, his stories need a lot of digesting.
----------------------------------------------
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)

A Cook's Tour: Global Adventures in Extreme Cuisines. By Anthony Bourdain.

As I read a novel about eating food I have officially become a food geek.

neilp

I normally read cookbooks when I'm hungry especially in high school when I was starving after lunch lol....it helped me cope until I got home.
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)