Reginald

Skydiver on Survivor

One of our own is on the new Survivor that started airing last night. Blake T. is a skydiver from Skydive Dallas. There is good and bad new here. The good news is a skydiving friend on TV. The bad news is I have to watch reality TV…:S

Here is his bio.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor11/survivors/bio_blake.shtml

Hey, someone’s got to win, so it may as well be a skydiver.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

He needs to post here and spill the beans on Fear Factor...the waiting period, etc, etc. And how gross the stuff really is lol.

I want to be on Fear Factor too but I heard the chances are as slim as winning the lottery. Maybe I'm thinking about the Amazing Race. I know a guy whose brother competed. Remeber the first one, the two models who were dating, the tall blond guy with the curly hair? That's him.
----------------------------------------------
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)

Does anybody actually still watch Survivor?

NO KIDDING!!!!!,
It's funny, a ton of the reality show people list skydiving as one of their hobbies (even though they have only made 1 tandem and they puked on the way down....):o:D:D
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

Speaking of puking, that's what he was doing pretty much every time he was on camera last night.

They can edit the footage to make anyone look like a whiner or a cocky bastard or whatever the producers need. I'm sure there was plenty of time when this guy was walking around just fine.

Yeah, I remember that coming up earlier. I was just responding the the person who thought he'd just made a tandem or something but listed skydiving as a hobby.

Maybe the previews are misleading and he'll actually last a while this season. If not, I hope he isn't (wasn't) seriously ill or injured!

I totally agree about the "magic" of editing, but I don't think I've ever seen that much puking on TV! It wasn't just him, I think it was all the guys in his tribe. And I didn't think any of them came across as cocky or whiny, just a little surprised to find themselves so done in so early in the "game"!

Plus, in the previews, things weren't looking so good for Blake..........

And I didn't think any of them came across as cocky or whiny, just a little surprised to find themselves so done in so early in the "game"!

No, i didn't mean that they came off as either cocky or whiney, just that given 100+ hours of video footage, anyone can be edited to look either way.

Seeing as this show has been in the can for awhile. This skydiver knows who won. Let's corner them and get the info. Then we don't have to suffer thru it, and we can also place some really large bets in Vegas :D

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

He doesn't know who won because that's announced live at the end of the season. If he made it far enough to be on the jury, he knows who the final two are! HOW they mange to swear all these guys to secrecy for that long really is beyond me!

He doesn't know who won because that's announced live at the end of the season. If he made it far enough to be on the jury, he knows who the final two are! HOW they mange to swear all these guys to secrecy for that long really is beyond me!

Really long waivers. Even by our standards. And the threat of the nasty litigation, in addition to not getting paid whatever fee you garnered. There's self incentive too - many contestants are there to be seen and discovered, and viewership will drop substantially if the winner is preannounced.

Blake probably is puking or suffering on the ground most of the time. I was at Tikal in the summer months two years back. Just walking about on trails for a half day and climbing Temple IV took a lot out. On the drive back to Belize we stopped at a market and I stood in front of the fridge downing 5 bottles of Fanta.

It nice seeing them earn the title of survivor this time. At least so far.

I must be on crack. I thought he was on Fear Factor. I've watch Survivor only twice and never really liked it much. I favor Fear Factor.
If you want to see the rainbow, you gotta put up with the storm. God bless! :)

so why is it that Fear Factor always shields us from seeing the actual vomiting (deliberate content censorship), even though it's practically the point of stunt #2, while Survivor has been happy to show us multi colors of pukage?

Get a few more off the rainbow and it will be like Evil Dead 2 (which failed to get a rating).

so why is it that Fear Factor always shields us from seeing the actual vomiting (deliberate content censorship), even though it's practically the point of stunt #2, while Survivor has been happy to show us multi colors of pukage?

Get a few more off the rainbow and it will be like Evil Dead 2 (which failed to get a rating).

Network policy (according to the expose) they showed on TV. Also contestants aren't allowed to wear watches because of a dispute on time between contestants and network staff. Also, some stunts will no longer be allowed, having to bob for cow hearts in a tub of blood (remember when that big guy went crazy?)
"Dancing Argentine Tango is like doing calculus with your feet."
-9 toes

I watched the premiere last week and had no idea. I'll have to pay more attention for him this week.

I love Survivor. I always talk about sending in a tape, but problem is, I become a real bitch when I get hungry. I think I'd be voted off pretty quickly;):P

Speaking of Survivor. I've always wondered back and forth what my luxury item would be. Anyone know what their's would be? Mine is EXTREMELY girly, but I'm used to being a contradicition---a girly tomboy;)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Network policy (according to the expose) they showed on TV. Also contestants aren't allowed to wear watches because of a dispute on time between contestants and network staff. Also, some stunts will no longer be allowed, having to bob for cow hearts in a tub of blood (remember when that big guy went crazy?)

sheesh - no longer the show has been dropped to mid season relief pitching. And why NBC has been sitting in last place.

Do they still allow them to bring a luxury item? Last season they stranded them without a change of clothes or proper footwear. I got so sick of seeing those girls in their underwear!

Actually, I'm not sure. I'm with you on the undies---I was going to comment before that I might also be voted off for having au natural na-na's instead of silicone to fill my bikini---but figured I didn't want to open a discussion on plastic surgery. For the record, whatever makes you happy;) Having a needle injected in my lip or foreign object inserted into my chest, just wouldn't put a smile on my face:P

I felt really awful for Angie last season. Her undies apparently weren't the most durable of the bunch:o
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.