Nightingale

Best way to buy a used cypres?

It seems like most of the used cypres ads in classified are either want ads or from another continent. I was wondering what the best way to go about purchasing a used cypres is? Should I just start calling random gear stores to see if they have one? I've never really needed to look for used gear before, so I'm not sure where I should start.

i agree with you. whenever one comes up for sale it normally doesnt last very long. I suggest u check the classifieds section a few times a day and when one gets listed snap it up straight away. If not ring some dz who sell used gear and leave your details with them and tell them to call you when one becomes available.

It seems like most of the used cypres ads in classified are either want ads or from another continent. I was wondering what the best way to go about purchasing a used cypres is? Should I just start calling random gear stores to see if they have one? I've never really needed to look for used gear before, so I'm not sure where I should start.

the best steps to buying a uses cypres are

1) find one
2) establish communication with the seller
3) pay for it

they are in high demand right now, so as long as you find one, and the price seems right - get it. Shipping from overseas is not terribly expensive, so as long as the total price with the shipping added in suits you - you are good

PS if you start wasting their time asking for discounts, I guarantee that somebody else will snatch it up before you even get an answer :)

I hunted for one for quite a few months. I just wanted something cheap and about to expire so I could save up for a year for a vigil. No luck whatsoever. I did find the most leads came from talking to the other riggers. A lot of gear is sold from word of mouth without ever landing in the classifieds. Now vigil hurry up and get here.

-Michael

I just picked mine up from SSK in Ohio after I had an 8 year service done on it and they told me that alot of time they will have a few of them for sale there. Sometimes people dont pick them up or they have some that they rent out and sell sometimes, so if you give them a call you might get lucky. there number is (513) 934-3201
STEP OUT AND FEEL THE RUSH!!!! LATER
SKYBOMB

I just picked mine up from SSK in Ohio after I had an 8 year service done on it and they told me that alot of time they will have a few of them for sale there. Sometimes people dont pick them up or they have some that they rent out and sell sometimes, so if you give them a call you might get lucky. there number is (513) 934-3201

I just sent them an email! Thanks so much for the tip!

I sold four or five for a DZ going out of business last year. I think only one got or two got to the classifieds here. I had several buyers lined up for each in less than 12 hours. Mostly first come first serve but one going to a business (long term DZ) with implied reputation, ability to pay, and ability to find them made the choice for one sale easier. Others went local with one or two calls at most.

Gotta be fast, but hopefully not take a risk. :S

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE