SuFantasma

Weekend Numbers ?

1:5:0

Saturday I was the teacher. Three coach jumps with a student trying to get his A. Was kinda nice to go to the DZ and not pay for any jumps. :)
Sunday I was the student. Two coach jumps with Mustard to start training for AFFI course. Learned that I have a lot to learn [:/] Paying my own and coach slot (plus a little extra :P) made up for the free jumps I got Saturday.

Teach, learn, teach, learn again. This is something I really love about the sport.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

1:0:0

No jumping for this camper on his first weekend in Vancouver BC, Canada (I moved from Colorado this week). Plus I doubt I would have been able to jump anyway as it rained all day today and yesterday was kind of overcast (plus I was busy unloading my stuff from the moving van into storage). Hopefully I can get airborne next weekend. :)

But I did play in a hockey game today for the first time in a couple of years. I need to get into better shape, but it looks like I played well enough for them to offer me a spot on the team and it's a pretty competitive hockey league. We lost and my brother got kicked out of the game for slashing someone (LOL), but we had fun and I noticed there is way more oxygen to breath here at sea level while playing the game compared to my time playing hockey in Colorado. I think our next game will be this coming Thursday night and I should note that I am the old-timer on the team. My brother was the oldest on the team before I came along (he's 36 and I'm 42) and most of the people in the league are in their 20s. So yes you can call me grandpa. :ph34r:

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

0:|,5B|,1:D

All five jumps on sat....my first time at Gold Coast (beer PAID!). What a GREAT bunch of people at Gold coast...I had a blast and look forward to returning soon!B|

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

6 jumps
1case of beer owed and paid for 1st time at Mt boogie
5 jumps on a demo canopy
1 hit and chug win (Bobster has video, I did win right? :| )
awsome food (thanks for the late night snacks Tammy!)
1 time forgetting my geogrophy, and having NWflyer give me a lesson :D
42: number of times shananagins was hear Sat night round the fire.

Yes, the mountain boogie rocked. And there is plenty of video to prove it! :)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

;):3:1

I'm no longer a two digit midget B|. After being stuck at 98 for the last month due to weather or work, I finally got out to the DZ. Made 3 really fun jumps. Did one 2 way, and two 4 ways. A little bit of fall rate problems on all 3 but man did if feel good to get back in the air. A special thanks to everyone at Indiana Skydiving Academy for making me feel like one of their own and making my first 100 jumps an absolute blast B|
------------------------------------------------
I've done so much, with so little, for so long
I'm now expected to do everything with nothing forever

Actually, it's usually humps: jumps: beer (humps can be replaced by some other significant number).

0/9/1

The jumps were awesome this weekend. I'm in Kansas and it was over 70 the entire weekend which is awesome for the midwest in the middle of October.

Did some combat RW which was real fun. Did a few 2 and 3 ways. Landed way off on 1. Now when people ask me if I feel comfortable enough landing in someone's back yard I can say yes.

Cases owed for
-1st 3 way horny gorilla
-1st time pushing the plane in the hangar
-1st jump on my new canopy. Packing that thing is fun.

Back to the cube.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

;):3:1

I'm no longer a two digit midget B|. After being stuck at 98 for the last month due to weather or work, I finally got out to the DZ. Made 3 really fun jumps. Did one 2 way, and two 4 ways. A little bit of fall rate problems on all 3 but man did if feel good to get back in the air. A special thanks to everyone at Indiana Skydiving Academy for making me feel like one of their own and making my first 100 jumps an absolute blast B|

YEA!!!!!! U MADE IT!!!!!!! B|B|B|B| Congrats!! Glad you got some good ones in!! :)
Next season I'm gonna catch up to ya! ;)

For the record, I had 2 awesome jumps yesterday! Did a kick-ass 3-way with Joe and AJ and we ROCKED!! (My best dive yet!) B| Then a pretty decent 4-way after that. Unfortunately, didn't get a 3rd in cuz I had to ride the plane down. But thats okay, better safe than sorry and I really enjoyed the 2 jumps I did get. :)
Now I'm soooooo ready for my VACATION!! Only 4 more days and I'll be in sunny Florida, woo-hoo!! B|

Oh, how could I forget! I actually got laid this weekend, too, so life is good. B|
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Owed a case for landing downwind because im blind and can't see the wind sock.

since when is down-winding it beerable? unless it was your 1st.

as for me 0/4/1

I owed a case for landing on the runway (not as serious as you might think as the Otter was the only thing flying that day)

:S:24:1

Jumps since the previous weekend. First canopy course. Was awsome being involved in peoples last jump for their b license. Was hoping for more jumps but due to weather and travelling lots I will have to wait till next weekend for my 100th.

;):1:0

One BASE jump at Bridge Day. It was sooo much fun as always :)It was so great meeting some new dz.commers! Great job & Congrats to those who made their first BASE jump!
Suckiest part of the weekend was yesterday when we had to fly home....I was sooo hungover...and the ride was sooo bumpy :S[:/]

BEER RULES
An unwritten law, one as immutable and irrefutable as gravity and backed by history, states that skydivers enjoy the drinking of beer almost as much as flight itself.

A manifestation of this fact is the tradition of the buying by an individual skydiver a case of beer (that being twenty-four cans or bottles holding twelve or more ounces of beer, ale, or some similar such substance) for his or her fellow jumpers to celebrate the accomplishment of a particular feat or milestone in one's jump career.

It is generally recognized that the buying and drinking of such beer enhances that common bond shared by skydivers and contributes greatly to the body of knowledge concerning parachuting and its related activities.

It is a sad fact that some skydivers are ignorant of what constitutes a significant achievement (usually and henceforth referred to as a "first"). Equally sad is the fact that some unscrupulously thirsty jumpers will shamelessly try to "weasel" a case of beer out of a jumper for an inauspicious event.

Recognizing this, the following happenings are to be regarded as suitable occasions for buying beer. This list is not to be construed as exhaustive.

First jump (It is not required of students. They are simply encouraged to participate).

If more than one first is accomplished on a single jump, only one case of beer is required.

Participation is voluntary. If a skydiver chooses not to participate by buying, neither shall the skydiver enjoy the fruits of the accomplishments of others.

Non-drinkers may buy sodas and buyers may make up any part or whole of their purchase in soda for the enjoyment of those non-drinkers.

It is generally recognized that using a reserve parachute for the purpose of saving one's worthless, non-packing self from a gory death requires him to buy the saving rigger dinner or the bottle of liquor of his choice.

These articles are ironclad and binding. For the price of an additional six-pack, a sniveling skydiver may enlist the services of an S & TA to represent him or her in a hearing where the committee will rule against that skydiver a second time.

Completing the student course of instruction
First four way
First eight way
First CRW
First time in the peas
First night jump
First kiss pass
First competition
First water jump
First naked jump
First jump on your own pack job
First dead center (measured by a judge or electronic scoring pad on a three or five cm disc)
First jump on a new main or new rig (purchased, not borrowed)
Any license, award, rating, or badge
Getting your name or photo in "Parachutist" Magazine
Gross safety violations not resulting in serious injury or death
Any jump ending in "00"
First cutaway/reserve ride
First jump from an aircraft not normally used at home drop zone
First jump at a new drop zone
First demo jump
First save (you riggers thought you were getting off easy)
Vomiting in the airplane or on another skydiver
First round canopy jump (Geez, used to be the other way around)
First broken bone
First camera jump