orange

Problem with new Jav document pouch?

Not sure if this has been posted before apologies if it has.:S
I have a new Javlin Od, DOM Jan 08', they have moved the document pouch from its orginal location under the reserve closing flap to the middle bottom of the rig where it rests against the small of your back.
It has a smaller sleeve within that pouch that holds the docs and I am sure this is fine when flying flat or indeed sit, however when head down this pouch inflates and your docs disappear into the ether as I found out 2nd jump on the rig losing my packing cert and rigger card :(
I have since tested it twice with blank pieces of paper having the same result.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem, I realise its not a big issue or a safety concern, but it is an annoyance and could be problematic if you lose yr docs when not at your home DZ.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have to step out the door to find yr density....or is that destiny? maybe both

I just hope you don't put your jump tickets in that pocket. THe VECTOR III has its document pocket (reserve packing card) on the inside of the main lift web in the padding just below the shoulder and the pocket is sewn on the top of the opening therefore you have to put back the document holder in a reverse way which makes the loss of them virtually impossible while having a relatively easy access.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

THe VECTOR III has its document pocket (reserve packing card) on the inside of the main lift web in the padding just below the shoulder..

I got my new Micron a few months ago and the document pocket ist now between the backpad and the main container. Pretty secure, easy to access however kind of a PITA to stow again.

I got my Vector III M series in March this year and the reseve packing card is where I mentioned it, on the inside of the padding of the main lift web (left side). My former Vector III M series (2003) had it the same location. I am surprised the Micron has it on this very new location. I will go to sleep tonight less ignorant. Thanks.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.

Does that mean you need to see a master rigger for RSL removal documentation every time your reserve card blows away. :|

yep or call sunpath to have them check there RSL database which master riggers have no other means to access accept by calling them m-f 8-4 or 5 pm. sucks but thats the way it is. What else sucks is that each rig i register with sunpath on the RSL database I have a certain level of responsibility and may have to prove that the Rsl mod was done correctly at the time i did the check and the paperwork. If I can't prove this to the courts or jury I could lose my ass. what really sucks is that my name and license is on the line for each rig for not just the next 4 months it's for the rest of my life or the rigs life whichever ends first. wait i will still be responsible for signing off these javelins after i'm dead too. What ever happened to statute of limitations? Document pouch loses docs, oops.

:ph34r:

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem

Yes. Been there, lost the PDC. I haven't used that helpful "pouch" since. Stash your PDC inside the top reserve flap.

I've never figured out why they sew that document pouch so its opening is exposed to the opening of the warning label pocket. A simple flip and the opening would face the seam and be protected.

At least others are having the same issue, always nice to know yr not alone!:ph34r:

Although cannot put the PDC in reserve flap as they have removed that pouch completely and replaced it with sealed clear plastic...seems a lot of thought and effort has gone into designing out something that worked just fine and replacing it with something that does not work at all....:S:S

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You have to step out the door to find yr density....or is that destiny? maybe both

I got my Vector III M series in March this year and the reseve packing card is where I mentioned it, on the inside of the padding of the main lift web (left side). My former Vector III M series (2003) had it the same location. I am surprised the Micron has it on this very new location. I will go to sleep tonight less ignorant. Thanks.

I know this thread is about Javellins, but in regards to the packing data cards on Vectors. There are two locations. A new rig without spacer foam will have it in the normal place behind the mudflap. If you get spacer foam, they can't put it there because of how the foam is designed. That is when it gets moved to the bottom of the rig on the backpad. I was skeptical at first but both locations work really well and both have the "reverse removal" thing so you wont lose your data cards. I have successfully stowed a pullup in both locations as well w/o problem. (I have one of each)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Hi Sparky,

And if one looks, the Vector III still has a Packing Data Card Pocket on the inside.

However, I have NEVER seen a card in the inside pocket. B|

JerryBaumchen

I use them to stow the old cards in.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

I know this thread is about Javellins, but in regards to the packing data cards on Vectors. There are two locations. A new rig without spacer foam will have it in the normal place behind the mudflap. If you get spacer foam, they can't put it there because of how the foam is designed. That is when it gets moved to the bottom of the rig on the backpad. I was skeptical at first but both locations work really well and both have the "reverse removal" thing so you wont lose your data cards. I have successfully stowed a pullup in both locations as well w/o problem. (I have one of each)

I personally lost 2 cards from my old Vector 3 when it was on the body contact without the pouch. I used to wrap the card with a rubber band to keep it from sneaking out. With the pocket inside the TSO tag pullout, it is not a problem anymore (my last rig) and on my current rig (Spacer Foam) it is not a problem either. My rigger got pissed at me when I lost 2 cards within 2 months on my first rig though.

Mark Klingelhoefer