Solan

Want to buy a Fullface Helmet, what is a good one?

Can anyone recommend a full face that fits well over glasses ? I tried on a Mamba once, but had to take my glasses off in order to put it on, and then again before taking it off. And no, I don't want contacts either. Anybody with glasses flying a comfy full face out there ?

I have a 24.5" melon - the Boneheads are the only ones yet that have fit me anywhere near comfortably. I have a Mamba, and, like you, have to take off the sunglasses to put the helmet on/off.

The Havok pivots the entire faceplate, not just the face shield - that would probably be my second choice.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I love my Freezr for that. I dont wear glasses.. just sunglasses under it. I leave the face plate up till jump run... and just slide my glasses into place... and flip down and lock the faceplate as we get a call for the door.. easy stuff and never a problem with them:)

The Mamba is very comfortable but the visor scratches far too easily. I changed my visor in May after enduring quite poor visibility and the new one is already deteriorating.

Maybe the dustiness of Perris didn't help when it was new, but I still think it is not durable enough. It also seems to pick up tiny stress crazing that adds up to affect the visibility.

I have a massive head, and also used to wear a Havok over my glasses. It fit fine and was super comfy, if a little bulky compared to the Mamba I have now (not so good over glasses on me, so I don't).
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

I love my Freezr for that. I dont wear glasses.. just sunglasses under it. I leave the face plate up till jump run... and just slide my glasses into place... and flip down and lock the faceplate as we get a call for the door.. easy stuff and never a problem with them:)

Didn't you have a Havok at one time?

The FreeZR looks really nice. I'm a Havok user right now. My glasses are getting smaller.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Can anyone recommend a full face that fits well over glasses ? I tried on a Mamba once, but had to take my glasses off in order to put it on, and then again before taking it off. And no, I don't want contacts either. Anybody with glasses flying a comfy full face out there ?

Yes.

:)
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)