Kid_Icarus

What do YOU call this?

1. Fish slice

2. spatula

does this mean I'm a closet Kiwi or you're a closet Brit :S?

tash

1. Egg Slice (or Egg lifter)
2. Spatula

spatulas are used for scrapping and smoothing b(e.g. putty and plaster) and cake icing
at least here in Oz they are
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

#1 Spatula

#2 Rubber scraper thingy

i dont see both as a spatula. I use a spatula for flipping things. Burgers, grilled cheese, etc...

the rubger scraper thingy is for scraping out dough, sauce, etc...
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

#1 Spatula.. obviously.

#2 Rubber Spatula.. although my mom always called it a "child cheater" when I was growing up, (Since you don't get to lick the bowl.) I thought that was its name for years!!

-Karen

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Spatula
1. A small implement having a broad, flat, flexible blade that is used to mix, spread, or lift material.
2. A device, such as a small wooden paddle, used to press down the tongue during an examination of the mouth or throat.

Fish Splice

n : a food turner with a broad slitted blade used for turning or serving fish or other food that is cooked in a frying pan

according to food network and williams sonoma.. they are both "spatulas" i do not agree but thats what they say... one is a silicone spatula and the other is just a plain ol spatula.. i call the rubbery one a rubber scraper ... i dunno ... hows the argument with your buddy going??

**edited to add according to emeril the first one is a turner
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me