tricky

Tell me about Army OCS

Its a lot more intense than basic training they thow anyone into... if you make it through though you get placed as a lieutenant and get to pick your specialty. If you are thinking about the military I would def. suggest this as the way to go!

"So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!" - Stewie from Family Guy

I went through OCS a few years ago (now out of Army completely). No lie, it was hell. Enlisted basic training is like a weekend at girl scouts compared to OCS. But, you have to enlist and do all your enlisted training before OCS. You learn a lot though. Very worth it.

I always luv it when people say, "you don't want to be enlisted"...... IMHO, that's a load of crap.
Enlisted corp runs all the militaries, O's just direct. I've seen shit hot O's and shit hot E's.... O's just make more money......B|

Big question on the table is, "Do you want to lead?"

I always luv it when people say, "you don't want to be enlisted"...... IMHO, that's a load of crap.
Enlisted corp runs all the militaries, O's just direct. I've seen shit hot O's and shit hot E's.... O's just make more money......B|

Actually the big question is: Do you want to call them 'sir' or do you want to be called 'sir'?

"Get your shit together private!"

"Yes sir!"

Or how 'bout:

"Private, youre out of uniform and you didnt shave this morning...get down and give me ten..."

"Yes ma'am"

"...and when youre done, I expect to have my office and bathroom cleaned to my expectations...."

"Yes ma'am" '....fucking ROTC bitch....'

Went through Infantry OCS at Ft Benning more than a few years ago. What I remember most was sitting in classrooms so tired I could barely keep my eyes open;

upper classmen in my face and TAC officers who were cruel and loved it;

getting rabbit shit in my hands while standing at attention;

getting grass drill just because I walked by at the wrong time;

square meals in the mess hall (If they were serving spaghetti you got the hell out of there 'cause one spot on your uniform and you were going to really pay for it!)

getting up at 2 AM in winter with the uniform of the day being helmet without liner, boxer shorts, flip flops, and ponchos; Then low crawling through a damn creek

Then there was watching ice form one night on the end of my rifle barrel while I sat on my pack under my poncho with a can of sterno on the ground between my knees; getting tear gassed in my sleeping bag because my foxhole mate went to sleep;

sneaking food into the barracks and getting caught;

learning how to plot artillery, crew tanks and fire anti-tank weapons;

how to live off the land and eating samples (in other words if it crawls or grows it is be food). Yum!

graduation and getting a handshake from the commanding general and a commission from the president;

Was it worth it? Hell yes! If you're gona' be in shit you might as well get paid for it...

Blue skies,

Jim

Retired NCO here..............had the college, the GT score and passed the OST..........decided I wanted to remain and serve as an NCO......I could not see myself being a commissioned officer. I have no regrets.......if I had to do it all over again, I would make the same decision to stay enlisted. :P

Edited to add:

I enjoyed setting 2LT's straight. :D

Actually the big question is: Do you want to call them 'sir' or do you want to be called 'sir'?

"Get your shit together private!"

"Yes sir!"

Or how 'bout:

"Private, youre out of uniform and you didnt shave this morning...get down and give me ten..."

"Yes ma'am"

"...and when youre done, I expect to have my office and bathroom cleaned to my expectations...."

"Yes ma'am" '....fucking ROTC bitch....'

Bullshit. If an officer is getting in an enlisted guys shit about any damn thing (especailly apprearance in uniform), it is an indication the the NCO's in that particular unit are not doing their jobs.

It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice.

howzit, after an enlistment in Berlin, got a ocs slot class 1-84. so 50th company was challanging, and fun! Just be in shape, especially running. Be able to max your pt test, don't sweat the small bullets from the tacs, supplement your diet, plan ahead and enjoy the training! you'll be a butterbar in about4 months, candidate. take care and good luck!
MB 3864 Urantia Book and RUSH fan