Vallerina

Anyone near Hartford, CT?

I'm about an hour and a half from there - I'm not a fan of Hartford. Not much to do there, but since I've only ever driven out that way for my cat rescue stuff or to go to IKEA, I guess I'm not much of a help. Hopefully someone else can pipe in. Its unfortunately a bit far from the coast which is where all my favorite spots in CT are.

Good luck with your interview!

Jen
Arianna Frances

I'm ~45 mins from hartford, but the only thing I do there is drive through every weekend. I'm surprised to hear everyone say theres nothing to do there though. I guess I just assumed it was full of stuff to do. It's full of insurance companies... I just picture them all as party animals there. :P

Dave

Doh! Oops...it's not that I forgot about that.....

full of insurance companies... I just picture them all as party animals there.

Of course insurance companies are full of party animals. We take your money, and we don't pay claims!!! If that's not a party, I don't know what is! (Okay, not really, but that's what everyone thinks!)
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I don't live in CT anymore, but I grew up there. Mostly in Fairfield County, about 45 minutes from Hartford. However I did live in Glastonbury for over a year. Very pretty town close to Hartford. I really enjoyed living up there. Lots of outdoors stuff to do there. And it has that nice New England feel to it.

I don't live in CT anymore, but I grew up there. Mostly in Fairfield County, about 45 minutes from Hartford. However I did live in Glastonbury for over a year. Very pretty town close to Hartford. I really enjoyed living up there. Lots of outdoors stuff to do there. And it has that nice New England feel to it.

I grew up in Westport and don't really live there anymore either (in college in Boston now), and having driven to and through Hartford a bunch of times, I'd have to agree that there's not that much there.

Ah Hartford, the filing cabinet of New England. It close to Connecticut Parachutists in Ellington. You can be skiing in Vermont in two hours... other than that it doesn't have much attraction. I lived in Guilford for a few years and drove through Hartford dozens of times... never found a reason to stop.

I'm also 90 minutes from there and I have to agree with everyone else. One of the most boring cities in the northeast! Forget about skiing in Vermont, the season hasn't started yet. We are in Foliage Season, but you need a sunny day to appreciate it. And sunny days have been very rare this year.[:/]

So now Wilma has caused a Nor'easter. We are now getting our asses kicked. More torential rain in the lower elevations, heavy wind gusts, flooding and wet slippery snow in the higher elevations. I left work this evening where it was pouring rain. Drove home...about 23 miles into the mountains and it was snowing like crazy. The wet heavy stuff that breaks the tree limbs and kills the power. Our trees still have leaves on them which makes it worse. All the local rivers, lakes, ponds and streams are way above flood level. This sucks, but not as bad as New Orleans.[:/]

Yep,

All you northeasterners who bitch about the weather, and happen to be skydivers, need to face facts, move to a close distance from Skydive Arizona.

you can always get other jobs :P

The weather is sweet here, day after day....
after day
after day
after day.

I am happy to not be suffering in new england anymore.
Although I do miss the Jumptowners though...

jeff D-16906