mwthomsen

Ipod users

Far as I know you can use any site you want, as long as you drop the songs into your Ipod library.
Don't get suckered into using the one they want to sign you up for.
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

So to fill my Ipod it could cost $1000's of dollars not including other songs that might be left on my hard drive. Thats alot of jumps.

Try here.

Select mp3 (below the search field), and type desired song title or artist in the search field, press enter/return.

Not nearly as convenient as iTunes, but much less expensive.

:)

Pull your MP3/AAC files off your hard drive drag and drop them into iTunes then sync your iPod with it. it's that easy. well if you have a Winblows machine it might take a little bit of tweeking...but otherwise relatively simple.

Also ripping any CD into iTunes is rather easy.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Beware of any site that sends Files in WMA format. Ipods will not play WMA files and if the song is a Legally purchased (Rights Managed) WMA, There is no software that will convert it to a playable format for an iPod. I discovered this the hard way when I went to Napster and bought several songs. They would not Play on an iPod and could not be easily converted.

NO. But if you use Windows media Player to Rip songs from a CD, The default format is WMA (Im pretty sure the WM in WMA stands for Windows Media.. Hence not good on an APPLE product such as an iPod). You can change the format to MP3 though and not have any issues when Ripping.

Also if you rip a song in WMA and it is not Rights Managed, Most software will easily convert it to MP3.

I might have this wrong, since I am brand new at this, but aren't CD's stored as WMA files?

No, wma is windows audio format, cd's are completely their own data, and of course very large files. You really want to use the AAC format that the Ipod likes best; it gives better sound quality than the same size mp3 file. Several download sites allow you to download in ipod format instead of mp3.

And don't listen to JelloJay, he'll have you smash up your ipod and go buy a mp3 player ;)

Oh, and Jay, I started using a small program called Anapod Explorer for my ipod and it allows you to just drag and drop back and forth between pc and ipod; it just treats your ipod as a removable drive via the firewire card. You are correct in your earlier posts that itunes sucks

I still own and use my iPod.. Haven’t smashed it up yet.. Although I have been tempted;). Going to have to Check out Anapod Expolrer. Sounds like exactly what I have been looking for.

Also I have been informed that the New iTrip 2 has been redesigned to get rid of those Stupid "Change Channel" Songs and allows you manually change the channel. Now if I can just get one to last more than a week or two before it just completely dies..;)

Why does iTunes "suck"?

Some people don’t want to deal with a "Library" or "Playlists". They just want to move Files from point a to Point B.
For this...iTunes Sucks!!

I got 80gig of MP3s.. I want to put a Gig or Two on my Ipod.. Pain in the ass with Itunes unless you build and maintain a Library.

With other MP3 Player.. Just Drag and Drop with Windows Explorer. Much simpler.

If I have 20 or 30 songs on the devise I would like to Delete.. Pain in the ass in iTunes. Other MP3 players, The devise shows up as a drive. Click on it, Delete what you want.

Say I have some music on my Home PC and I would like to take it work and transfer it to my Work PC to listen to while at work.. Pain in the ass with iTunes, Simple on other MP3 Players.

My big gripe with itunes is the software won't allow you to drag and drop back and forth pc to ipod and ipod to pc. For instance if I want to delete a song from my ipod, with itunes i have to delete it from my library then sync the ipod to delete it from the ipod. Imagine the problems of having 50 gigs of music on my pc and having a 20 gig ipod if you can't easily manage what's in the ipod and still leave the music on the pc.

This has been true for most of the "Mac experience" for me. Apple's various software apps generally give you fewer changeable preferences than I'm used to having in the windows/linux world. And while the fine people over in Cupertino have hit many nails squarely on the head with these simplified settings, they have also managed to smack me in the thumbs countless times as well.

With windows/linux, it's about figuring out how to set up all your applications to work best with what it is you're trying to do.

With macos, there's very little setup, but then sometimes you find yourself trying to figure out how to make what you're trying to do work with how the applications are set up.