TracyS

Canopy drills-returning from injury.

Hi all. Does anyone know the canopy drills from the Flight-1 101 & 102 courses. I attended the courses in 2013 and can no longer find my notes.
In August of 2014 I was involved in an accident and haven't been able to jump since. My rig is back together now. Back and shoulder have healed, and I have even done some time in the tunnel to see how the back is gonna feel. I messaged the instructor from the courses asking for a list of the drills so that I can work on getting myself back up to speed, but got no response. He's a pretty busy guy and I don't want to pester him by repeatedly asking, so I thought I'd try here to see if anyone else has taken the courses and still has a list of the canopy drills that were done.
Any help appreciated.
Canopies must all be female. If I treat mine good, she gives me a good ride. If I slap her in the bag, she will dump me like a turd.

Courtesy of PRE7117, love that line.

Hop-N-Pop, Lots of them. Get SSS ASAP, Rear riser work, toggle work, EP's and landing accuracy. (Land in the student area) I would suggest getting out at 4K so's not to ruin no one else's day, or life, or your life, well you know what I mean...Right?
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

You can find some or similar drills to those on the flight1 class in here:
http://www.bigairsportz.com/pdf/bas-sizingchart.pdf

Also, if you go to the flight-1 website and login, you can check your progress and find the name of each of the jumps during each course (like in the attached picture). This might help you remember some of the drills if you have good memory :)

That Big Air Sportz link hits everything that I can remember. I did 101 before christmas and did 102 more recently. All that the link didn't hit was a long spot and maybe the flare thing that you find your sweet spot on your canopy. You flare looking foward. You flare looking up. You flare with your eyes closed above 3000ft of course to get the feel of your sweet spot. Also avoiding other canopies while keeping your canopy flat at all times even if you are crosswind/downwind. Also a good canopy pattern always helps. Personal coaching can always help. But I don't know much I am a newbie.

Lots of people decide to quit skydiving because of their canopy skills—they’re afraid of injury or perhaps just the embarrassment of a bad landing. And statistics show that the most hazardous part of a skydive begins once a jumper is under a fully functioning canopy. But don’t let a lack of knowledge or skill keep you from the sport that you love—there are many ways to improve your confidence and safety under canopy. Even the people who win medals and dazzle crowds will tell you that they, too, have room for improvement.
Oil Gas Safety Council values the contribution Safety Professionals make to achieve the vision of accident free and safer workplace.
http://ogsc.org/