JohnnyZ

Mirage DRX (Direct Reserve Xtraction)

Anyone has a direct link to a video file? Login reguired...

My Facebook using friends provided me with http://video-sf2p.facebook.com/v91/39/122/45396815290_54902.flv. Too bad the clip in question is only a few seconds short. Looks just like a Skyhook demo to me: The main is connected to the reserve pilot bridle. The reserve pilot just hangs on, basically, while the main pulls the freebag.

I'm looking forwarding to more details on DRX (-:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=45396815290

Not sure if this works or not but go to 2:41 in the video and thats the DRX in action

Dam that's fast!! Was that a test or a real life use? Is the DRX a one time use like an AAD squib or is it something that can be reloaded after a cut away?

If it's anything like the Skyhook (I can't access the videos), it's a mechanical connection.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=45396815290

Not sure if this works or not but go to 2:41 in the video and thats the DRX in action

Dam that's fast!! Was that a test or a real life use? Is the DRX a one time use like an AAD squib or is it something that can be reloaded after a cut away?

that was a demo jump up at kamloops may meet done by ward from Mirage

Is the DRX a one time use like an AAD squib or is it something that can be reloaded after a cut away?

Most RSLs - including fancy Skyhook and DRX RSLs - can re-used many times. Your local rigger should be able to to get you back in the air within three hours.

The only disadvantage to RSLs is that they tend to kink reserve ripcord cables. Kinks are ugly, but rarely affect strength, so can be promptly returned to service. RSL deployments only get expensive when they start fraying/breaking cables.
Skyhook/Vector/Sigma/latest Javelin RSLs are better because the reserve pin is tied to the end of the RSL, so there is no strain on the reserve ripcord cable, ergo, their ripcord cables are far less likely to be kinked/frayed during an RSL deployment.

Will dealers such as yourself be able to do these installs, or does it have to go back to Mirage?

Dealers aren't all master riggers, so no, this won't be able to be installed by most dealers.

But depending on demand, Ward at Mirage has said the company will allow a Mirage Service Center, such as ChutingStar, and/or possibly master riggers in general (after visiting the factory for instruction such as those allowed to install the Skyhook) to do the install.

But my understanding is that when it is first released it will be a factory-only install. I will get setup to do the installs as soon as it is released and they will allow it out-of-house for installs.

Mike
ChutingStar.com

>I think the concept itself works because I haven't heard anything bad
>about skyhook.

Well, there have been a few close calls and one tandem issue with it I believe.

Keep in mind that the skyhook is not like a cypres that just gets put into a pocket on a rig. It's _part_ of the rig, and all the parts need to work together. A Skyhook that works great on a Vector does not mean a similar system will work well on another rig.