Vapor

Nice time at Skydive Long Island

Took a trip 'home' to NY last week and spent most of it jumping at SLI... spiffy caravan, unbeatable views of the Atlantic & sound, sweet openings, and even with 100+ tandems a day, patient & friendly staff willing to indulge a low-number jumper with a taste for high-wind landings.

If any of my fellow SSMers are going to be in the city in the near future, get your ass out to Calverton.

Many thanks to Willy, Jim, Chris, Almo, Duncan, Eli & co for a good time -

----------------------------------------
'Of course it hurts. The trick is not *minding* that it hurts.'
- T.E. Lawrence

I've heard some nice things about them. I jump at the Ranch. LI was a close second in chosing a home DZ. The only downside to LI for me is the summer weekend drive out there.

I heard nice people, good planes, great views.

B

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

I jump at SDLI when I go home too. (becasue its always fukn raining when I go home) been trying to get to the ranch but the weather has suck for the last two years lol

SDLI has some AWESOME sights. but you gotta beware of the possiblity of traffic, they seem to have a good handle on things, though. I have never been put in any danger there or heard of anyone who has
My photos

My Videos

Yeah, the traffic situation took a little getting used to -- all those private planes & helicopters going out to the Hamptons. One guy I jumped with said it was like 'playing frogger'. ;) While I was up there one of the TMs got buzzed (~150 yds) under canopy by some idiot whose passengers wanted a look...

----------------------------------------
'Of course it hurts. The trick is not *minding* that it hurts.'
- T.E. Lawrence