bluewaterstream

skydivingmovies.com

Dudes & Dudettes,

At this point I don't have a lot of skydiving footage, but I finally found the time to take what I do have and set it to video. I can't believe how much footage and time it takes to make one of these. Much respect to the people making videos like Radix and Continuum - truly bad ass. Anyway, hope you enjoy...

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2914

I finally found the time to take what I do have and set it to video. I can't believe how much footage and time it takes to make one of these.

Welcome to the world of amateur video making where most people in your audience don't know how much work goes into making a video and really don't care. I can't tell you exactly how much time I've spent working on past videos since I never paid close attention to the logged time. But I'm guessing it's somewhere in the 100 hour time frame to create one 5 minute video. It takes time to choose a song, analyzing it to know the chorus and versus, trying to make sense of the lyrics in terms of potentially telling a story with the song, searching for the appropriate raw footage to tell the story, shooting new raw footage if you don't have what you need, uploading the raw footage, editing and fine tuning the song until you thinks it's ready for mass consumption ... which of course will hardly be watched by anyone but yourself and maybe the people appearing in the video. But it can be a fun and rewarding task when you yourself can enjoy the work of your hard labor. So good luck with your future projects.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

which of course will hardly be watched by anyone but yourself and maybe the people appearing in the video. But it can be a fun and rewarding task when you yourself can enjoy the work of your hard labor.

No way dude, some chick named "lulululu" watched it and left a cool comment for me on skydivingmovies.com. ;) So um... who's lulululu?

I'm really only planning on making these videos about every 100 jumps or so for my family and friends. It's funny, before I got into skydiving I never cared at all about having video of the things that a was into. I think mainly because most of my friends and family could actually come watch me rock climb, snowboard, fight, play coffee shops/bars, etc. I didn't feel the need for video because most that were close to me saw me do all of these things with their own eyes. Now all of my whuffo friends and family have no clue what this skydiving thing is all about and the only way to really show them is with video.

Oddly enough, now it kinda bothers me that I really have no footage of any of my MA tournaments, MA demonstrations, snowboarding, rock climbs, etc. I think it's just part of me turning 30 in a few months and that I don't really bomb off cool shit on my board anymore and I don't fight competitively anymore. Maybe my next video will show some young punk helping my old ass cross the street. :D:|:S>:(

Hey man, I noticed a "Maverick Productions" thing at the end of a few of your videos - are you planning on releasing/selling something in the near future?

I'm really only planning on making these videos about every 100 jumps or so for my family and friends. Now all of my whuffo friends and family have no clue what this skydiving thing is all about and the only way to really show them is with video.

Cool ... my family and non-jumping friends don't understand myself or my videos, but it's nice to leave something as a legacy to show how much fun we were having up there in the skies.

Hey man, I noticed a "Maverick Productions" thing at the end of a few of your videos - are you planning on releasing/selling something in the near future?

To date I've not licensed the music I've put my videos to, so I can't charge money for them without risking a law suit (shit I'm still risking a law suit since I never got the artist's permissions to use their music, so don't tell anyone). So will Maverick Productions ever produce a commercial product? Chances are the answer is "no". I'm perfectly happy releasing short videos onto skydivingmovies.com for people to download and enjoy the video for free. But never say never.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Cool video man....enjoyed watching it! Makes me want to go and jump off something.:)
joe
For long as you live and high you fly and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry and all that you touch and all that you see is all your life will ever be.
Pedro Offers you his Protection.

No way dude, some chick named "lulululu" watched it and left a cool comment for me on skydivingmovies.com. So um... who's lulululu?

All I can say is he's not a chick so don't get too excited... unless you're into that sort of thing. :P

Dave

Ha! Busted. As to the time it takes, I HEARD that the creator gets $5 per view. Money in the bank! :D

The movies to me are priceless, they really are, and I appreciate the work that goes into them. Thanks, Dave, for the site and thanks to all of you who contribute.

Bob
Bob Marks

"-when you leave the airplane its all wrong til it goes right, its a whole different mindset, this is why you have system redundancy." Mattaman