Evelyn

Removing cat/dog urine from down comforter

Don't know who the culprit was, could have been the dog or the cat. Just a small spot so think it was an accident. Anyways, I'm wondering if dry cleaning will take it out completely or if I should just buy a new one. I'd hate to go to the expense of having it dry cleaned (it's a king sized heavy one) and have the smell still be there. I know from experience house breaking puppies that if they pee on the carpet and you don't get it out completely they will go right to the same spot and pee again. I could just ask the cleaners what they think, but figure they want my business and will just say no problem. So thought I'd ask if anyone has had this happen and if dry cleaning worked.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing ~ Helen Keller

Not sure if dry cleaning will work, but I used some stuff call natures miracle to clean it up before and never noticed the smell again, or had a problem with the cat going there again.

Flying Hellfish #31
"I'm not allowed to talk about it till after the trial"
www.SkydiveTecumseh.com

That was my next option, to just try to clean the spot myself rather than have the whole thing dry cleaned since it's one little spot on a big comforter. I may just try that.

Thanks!

Pour hot water on it and then put the stain up against your mouth and try and suck it out.

I find this works well for chocolate and jam so it could work for dog pee too :P

LOL. Can't imagine myself doing that. Can you come do it for me?

Try Febreeze - that stuff works great.

Frebreeze only kills your ability to smell. Try this product made by Turtle Wax it is called Odor-X. I would swear on my nuts that it will get rid of any smell. I have had friends use it and it worked on stanky stanks that frebreeze didn't work on.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Try Febreeze - that stuff works great.

Frebreeze only kills your ability to smell. Try this product made by Turtle Wax it is called Odor-X. I would swear on my nuts that it will get rid of any smell. I have had friends use it and it worked on stanky stanks that frebreeze didn't work on.

Thanks. I'll try it!

Not sure if dry cleaning will work, but I used some stuff call natures miracle to clean it up before and never noticed the smell again, or had a problem with the cat going there again.

Just got back from the pet store coincidentally....

They told me, and an official notice from the company is posted, that (don't remember which) but either Petastic or Nature's Miracle just bought one another. In any case, they told me at the pet store that Petastic is the "original recipe", and recommended OVER Nature's Miracle. Just thought I'd throw that out.

Just went to Yahoo....

Original formula used in Nature's Miracle® at a better price
Petastic is the finest stain and odor remover on the market today. Previously sold for years under the Nature's Miracle®* brand, Petastic Stain and Odor Remover is guaranteed to work or your money will be refunded to you!

Petastic's unique blend of proprietary enzymes, detergents and odor counteractants cleans stains and eliminates odors caused by pet accidents including urine, feces and vomit. Works on carpets, upholstery, clothes, furniture, sealed wood, tile, linoleum, and any water safe surface.

Use Petastic first as other cleaners may set stains making it almost impossible to remove them. Works where other products fail due to its unique scientific blend of enzymes that work in unison with proprietary odor counteractants to eliminate the odors associated with pet accidents. The same enzymes that digest odor-causing compounds work in harmony with the detergents to eliminate the stain as well.

Simple and easy to use. Simply pour Petastic onto stain and blot with dry, clean cloth. For odor removal, saturate area and allow to air dry. Completely eliminates stains and odors discouraging pet from re-soiling area.

*Nature's Miracle® is a registered trademark of Pet's 'N People, Inc. Venus Laboratories, Inc. is the creator and owner of the formulations previously sold to Pet's 'N People for its Nature's Miracle® products. Venus Laboratories, Inc. is not affiliated with Pet's 'N People Inc.

I swear by Natures Miracle. Just make sure it stays wet for 24 hours after treating. I use a water-soaked towel on top of the treated spot. Let air dry completely....that could take up to two weeks. The animals can still smell it until it dries so keep them away until dry.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

kind of hate to push this product, but oxyclean works good. i have three dogs, and have had 5 living at the house...one peed everywhere. oxlyclean takes it out. carefull though, may fade the color.