jumpkid

JVX delivery times????

they last longer!

The reason they supplied two sets was due to the short lifespan of untreated line (100-300 jumps), the blue treated ones last longer according to some (200-600 jumps) so have a twice as long lifespan.

This is arguable, but mainly by those that do not supply the treated line.

:S

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

i don't know, i've seen a jvx pilot snap 5 of the blue lines and have to cut away after 350-400 jumps...twice. if you're gonna play with the small stuff just realize what risks you're taking.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

Stu - agreed. I saw TJ break 2 lines after 60 jumps, and I saw Joe Bennett break 2 (or 3) lines after about 80 jumps (jumping the blue lines).

It absolutely blows my mind that swoopers will spend TOP dollar for a canopy (JVX and Velo ARE NOT cheap), but will try and nickle and dime the linesets.

Jay's analogy was best - only fools race with old tires. Along those lines, IMO, people getting 300 who DON'T compete are no different than the kid who puts a racing spoiler on his honda civic hatchback - it's totally unnecessary and simply 'for show'.

If you can't afford all the maintenance that goes with the high performance line type - simply get a larger line type who's maintenance criteria fall into your budget.

On a side note, I was given some interesting statistics a while back - I can't speak to their scientific accuracy, but it's what was reported. Apparently the total reduction in drag from a 500 to a 300 lineset is equivalant to approximately half of the average human body. So, it's a decent amount AT HIGH SPEED, but in regular flight the difference will be negligible.

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

i don't know, i've seen a jvx pilot snap 5 of the blue lines and have to cut away after 350-400 jumps...twice. if you're gonna play with the small stuff just realize what risks you're taking.

PD reccomends 100-120 jumps on their 300 HMA. so 350-400 is more than 3 times the lifespan.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

yup, but i was talking about the blue lines. i've seen a jvx pilot with the blue line break 5 lines on one jump twice after 350-400 jumps. that's HALF of what people are saying they can get out of those lines.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down