jumpkid

JVX delivery times????

i don't know. I am sure they do. But I doubt any company out there tests their stuff as extensively as PD does.

There are rumors (and these are just rumors!) that most of the testing for JVX and sail stuff was done on the GL hills, not in the sky on actual jumps. It's easy to calculate the time in the sun on a hill and translate it to time under canopy on a jump and claim that after so many hours sail had stood up to UV rays and flying better then ZP material. And I guess that would be true. But that is not the testing we want to see or as applicable to what we do - we need to see how a canopy/material performs on actual jumps.

Now the question i'd be asking is: will they test their new sail material to avoid another fiasco? Or will they just rely on what the paper figures say?

Now the question i'd be asking is: will they test their new sail material to avoid another fiasco? Or will they just rely on what the paper figures say?

well looking at the companies past history and to error on the side of caution, i'm going to guess they're just going to rely on the paper figures. i'd rather go with a "veteran" canopy like the velo that appears to have been tested thoroughly and is still winning nearly every competition any way.

As a former JVX pilot, I would like to shed some light on the subject in question:

Mike Shatalov (Frost) contacted me about this issue and we discussed it at length. I had put almost a thousand jumps on my very first all sail jvx and did not show the wear and tear that he was talking about. The conclusion between us was that it was a bad batch of material.

The company continued to sell from this batch as many others reported the issue.

As far as I know a lot of the people who have ordered sail have not heard from the company and certainly have not been given a delivery time.

As I have worked closely with Daedalus, in the past, please feel free to PM with any questions or concerns you may have about the longevity of the material or wing.

kind regards

Paul Rossouw

Well I guess I'm not so upset that they released the Hybrid Sail Cloth JVX's immediately after I got my 2nd ZP JVX.

Thanks for the post I was not aware of that problem. Sounds like from Pauls response that it truly may be a bad batch of material, if he has 1000 jumps with no wear on his.

I'm surprised with the tight lipped manner in which Daedalus is handling this. I recieved exceptional service from them. But then I had no real issues or problems.

Perhaps they are trying to find a solution that works for their customers as well as not causing them to lose allot of money. If this is more than a bad batch of fabric it could be a nasty problem to resolve.

I personally worked with Attila Csizmadia, and would recommend you contact him directly. It would be nice if Daedalus officially responded either on their website or via Jim's.

I have a ZP JVX 99 and my ex teamate has a Hybrid JVX 98, and the performance difference was definately noticable.

The Hybrid was much faster, and I would not say the difference was negligable. His words were that there was no comparison between the two.

Not sure if others have input.

Mike Shatalov (Frost) contacted me about this issue and we discussed it at length. ... The conclusion between us was that it was a bad batch of material.

That's correct. Paul has been very helpful to me with all my early questions about JVX and wingloadings, the info he gave me was excellent! His answers were always good and very informative. Thanks for that, Paul, and for speaking in this thread.

The discussion we had at the PST last year about the fabric did end in me being convinced it was just a bad batch of fabric... But later that year at the USPA Nationals i had a chance to look at Team X canopies personally and speak to them also. Their red JVXs weren't nearly as bad as mine, but they had some signs of wear. Paul also said that one of his canopies was showing sings and reduced porosity at about 500 jumps, but definitely not nearly as bad as mine.

Dealing with Attila was pretty easy and the replacement canopy was made without extra hassle and fuss. I dont feel that it was something extraordinary on Daedalus part or unreasonable to expect - a faulty product was replaced at manufacturers expense.

I have a ZP JVX 99 and my ex teamate has a Hybrid JVX 98, and the performance difference was definately noticable.

The Hybrid was much faster, and I would not say the difference was negligable. His words were that there was no comparison between the two.

Not sure if others have input.

at the same wing loading the difference was noticeable but the hybrid can be loaded more and the all sail even more i.e. there is no use getting an all sail JVX and loading at 2.5 - is that right? the benefits only really start to show up at above 2.8

2.2 to 2.5 is pleanty high, unless you're a pro.

Then what? 4.72:1?

How about 6:2?

Wingloading limits for the best all around swoop is something that has evolved over the years. How crazy would it have been if a "pro" swooper was jumping 2.5:1 just 6 or 7 years ago?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

2.2 to 2.5 is pleanty high, unless you're a pro.

Then what? 4.72:1?

How about 6:2?

Wingloading limits for the best all around swoop is something that has evolved over the years. How crazy would it have been if a "pro" swooper was jumping 2.5:1 just 6 or 7 years ago?

Go for it.........It's not for me.

I'm coming in plenty fast and go plenty far at 2.2:1

Not that it's relavant since PST is going away. But didn't they implement weight class restriction that basicaly limits everyone to the 2.1 to 2.5 range?

The FAI implemented the weight restrictions, not Lord Slaton. It doesn't limit anyone's wingloading, it just limits how much artificial weight you're allowed to put on and it created a graduated scale for the weight depending on what your exit weight was. I'm over 2.5. So are a lot of other people.

Besides, the PST doesn't matter, there's still USPA Nats, the FLCPA and other top level events to compete in.

Why does this seem to bother you so much?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Nope........To Each his own. Luigi Rocks out with his Hoo Ha Out.

I know 2 guys that jumped 3:1 wing loadings. Jumped a 60 and 67 VX. They came in shit hot but didn't really cover allot of distance for 720's.

Joey backed off from a VX 60 to a JVX 77 and bam, came in shit hot and increased his distance significantly at a 2.3 wing loading.

I guess if Speed is what you are looking for then go big on your wing loading. If overall performance with distance, speed, carving, freestyle, is what you want I think the 2.1 to 2.5 range is best.

Well I'm certainly in no position to advise a Pro Swooper on what wing loading is best.

My thoughts are just that.........My Thoughts, and are geared more toward the average swooper who can only purchase one canopy.

Again to each his / her own. Jump at whatever wing loading your skill level allows you to. I think very few have the skill to efficeintly fly the higher wing loadings. My preference is 2.1 to 2.5 range.

But this has really morphed away from the original topic.

some news from Mr Slaton on June 24th....

The eight month production hold on Sail material versions of the JVX is over! The JVX is made for Daedalus canopies by NZ Aerosports LTD in New Zealand...

After finding two of our JVXs (made with sail) with slight wear issues on the top skin we decided to look for a even stronger and more durable sail material that could hold up in the elements of swooping. After months of research we realized the material we wanted had to be built for us. After finding a production facility to build our new material the first shipment has been shipped to our factory so production is back in full swing.

We apologize to our customers that got caught in this production hold for all this time. These customers had the option to switch their order to a ZP version of the JVX for faster delivery but most decided to wait it out for the new material. For this long wait we are sorry but we think your going to like the results.

Our normal delivery times in North America are 6-8 weeks in the summer and 10-12 weeks in the winter. Last summer we were delivery some canopies in fewer than 4 weeks which is a harsh comparison to the delivery times we had during the production delay. So, if you hear some people complaining about how long it took them to receive their new JVX make sure to check out the new upgrades!

In addition to all this, we are preparing to offer the GLS XF made of all sail material! Equally exciting is the fact that our ground launch canopies will come with the new material but additional upgrades too! Configure your ride today at www.daedaluscanopies.com/canopydesigner.htm

Jim Slaton is a Producer, creative director, project manager & stunt jumper...

I finally got my all ZP JVX 72...

there is still a long wait if you want the sale...

Not according to this;

JVX production delay no more! New technology! - June 24, 2008

The eight month production hold on Sail material versions of the JVX is over! The JVX is made for Daedalus canopies by NZ Aerosports LTD in New Zealand...

After finding two of our JVXs (made with sail) with slight wear issues on the top skin we decided to look for a even stronger and more durable sail material that could hold up in the elements of swooping. After months of research we realized the material we wanted had to be built for us. After finding a production facility to build our new material the first shipment has been shipped to our factory so production is back in full swing.

We apologize to our customers that got caught in this production hold for all this time. These customers had the option to switch their order to a ZP version of the JVX for faster delivery but most decided to wait it out for the new material. For this long wait we are sorry but we think your going to like the results.

Our normal delivery times in North America are 6-8 weeks in the summer and 10-12 weeks in the winter. Last summer we were delivery some canopies in fewer than 4 weeks which is a harsh comparison to the delivery times we had during the production delay. So, if you hear some people complaining about how long it took them to receive their new JVX make sure to check out the new upgrades!

In addition to all this, we are preparing to offer the GLS XF made of all sail material! Equally exciting is the fact that our ground launch canopies will come with the new material but additional upgrades too! Configure your ride today at www.daedaluscanopies.com/canopydesigner.htm
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

My self and a friend ordered JVXs at the same time back in December 2007...

i change my order to All ZP i got my canopy and my... friend stayed with the sail... he is still waiting...

i also did not get my extra line set with my canopy>:(

i also did not get my extra line set with my canopy

did you recieve blue UV coated lines or standard non coated lines?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix