Rebecca

6.9 earthquake off Japan; tsunami warning issued

Guys...relax. They have earthquakes like that ALL THE TIME in that region. It is a very rare and unusual set of circumstances that would result in a tsunami.

Oh.

Well then why'd they make such a big headline splash with it? I got all worried.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Well then why'd they make such a big headline splash with it?

Ratings...

I got all worried.

Success.

:|

BTW...poor choice of words there...splash indeed. :P

ARGH!! I HATE being manipulated!!! Fecking media bastarrrrds!!!

Splash. Daryl Hannah had nice boobies in the 80's. :|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

That and the Stand are the only good books Steven King ever wrote.

And he ripped off The Stand. Take a gander at Swan Song sometime. Storyline almost identical, came out before The Stand.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671741039/qid=1132011110/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9265846-7712827?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

That and the Stand are the only good books Steven King ever wrote.

And he ripped off The Stand. Take a gander at Swan Song sometime. Storyline almost identical, came out before The Stand.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0671741039/qid=1132011110/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-9265846-7712827?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

According to that website it came out in 1987 but the Stand came out in 1978.

Try again.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

"IT". The Barrens. Belch Higgins. Pennywise. The smoke lodge. Paul Bunyon. Gigantic birds. Orange puffballs. Chud. The Turtle. Balloons.

Man, what a deliciously horrific book. I just re-read it (for something like the 5thish time), and really really enjoyed it.

I still don't like fortune cookies, though...

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

According to that website it came out in 1987 but the Stand came out in 1978.

Try again.

rawr!

Don't be dissin my man Stephen King! Some people fail to realize he also wrote the Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Cujo, Christine, Firestarter, Hearts in Atlantis, Carrie, etc....:P

--------------

and I think this amazing trip Rowland is on is simply brilliant... Lobstrosities and all!

I love the Dark Tower! Every time a new book was released I would go back and read each of the old ones again to get me back to speed with the story before reading the new one. I've read Gunslinger at least 7 times, probably more.

The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed.

--------------

Don't be dissin my man Stephen King! Some people fail to realize he also wrote the Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Cujo, Christine, Firestarter, Hearts in Atlantis, Carrie, etc..

I read everything he ever wrote up to Needful Things. Most of it before I was 14. Then it seems like he just stopped trying to do anything original.

Don't be dissin my man Stephen King! Some people fail to realize he also wrote the Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Cujo, Christine, Firestarter, Hearts in Atlantis, Carrie, etc..

I read everything he ever wrote up to Needful Things. Most of it before I was 14. Then it seems like he just stopped trying to do anything original.

I've read every book he's ever written including the ones under his pen name Richard Bachman. He's had his ups and downs. Even I've gotten a bit bored before on some of them but there have been many good ones since Needful Things.

--------------

hey... i'm currently trying hard to put together a delectable chinese dinner in SD w/ Pennywise, aka Sudsy, you, and me... sometime in December... stay tuned...

I will be tuned in for that....'twould be a wonderful event; dinner with two of my favorite men...:$

Rebirth, SK's writing changed, I'll give you that. He has been writing things with many, many levels, and when I was younger I didn't like that; I just wanted a creepy story. Now that I'm in a different place in my life, his writing has become far more indepth and appropos then simple stories like "Cujo" and "Pet Sematary". They delve into the basic nature of humans, and really tell stories that have a deeper message, not one which is "stay away from rabid dogs". Further, after his accident, they went farther into the good/bad, and are far less defined than his earlier works, leaving that to the reader to determine. He explores the grey areas, often in great detail. Some of his characters make it, some don't, some make it who we (the reader) wish they hadn't, and that's really good...it makes us think about what he's trying to say about our world, those in and out of it, and those forces which are unseen and yet felt on a regular basis.

Fascinating man. Especially since he stopped writing for an audience (which is good in it's own right, btw), and started writing the stories that he wants to tell.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~