Alex92

Chest Rings

Could be rings that you would attach a Chest Type Reserve to. Older guys know what those are.

..... mostly they were called "d-rings", cause of their shape....

could chest rings refer to the main ring component of the 3 ring circus.??? ( that's what the 3 ring release was called when it first arrived on the gear scene...:)
the chest ring would be the biggest rings, on the harness, near the chest,,, and the two smaller rings, are on the risers..
or not...:|

B|

jmy

It moves a little easier with you and can be more comfortable.

And the harness can move around you easier.
I've read about a case when someone got serious trouble to deploy reserve from a twisted harness....

I'd certainly like to read that, if you still have the site marked. I can't see any way it could get twisted simply from having chest rings, unless the chest strap was so loose that it would have happened without the rings.

(This, of course, excludes the possibility of inattention and having a twist in the harness when it was donned)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Some rigs have "articulated" chest straps that are sewn around rings that are attached to the main lift web.

ummmm... unless you're talking gutt-gear, then chest rings would be where your reserve risers hook up. ;)

Never heard of Mirage's unisyn harness? How about RI's multi-flex harness on the Talon and Voodoo? Maybe you've heard of the Javelin?

:P
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Some rigs have "articulated" chest straps that are sewn around rings that are attached to the main lift web.

ummmm... unless you're talking gutt-gear, then chest rings would be where your reserve risers hook up. ;)

Never heard of Mirage's unisyn harness? How about RI's multi-flex harness on the Talon and Voodoo? Maybe you've heard of the Javelin?

:P

:o Yeah, I kinda remember some of that stuff from rigging school, but its been awhile... :P;):S:D

>I'd certainly like to read that, if you still have the site marked.

Rick Horn, cutaway from a spinning Stiletto. He could not find his reserve handle. Fortunately he had an RSL.

Thanks, Bill - I'll search for it. Was this proven to be harness distortion due to chest rings, as the other poster implied?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706