sub1427

Container sizing question...

I just purchased a used Talon 2 from a skydiver. He was 2-3inches shorter then me... the container feels good when i have it on, but the metal rings that connect the leg straps to the container itself are right on my hipbones... is it going to smash my hipbones when it opens and be super uncomfortable or will that ride up a bit and out of my way? Id hate to jump it and have it be mega uncomfortable and unusable? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

ps. 1 jump away from A license... so excited
Get High, Blue skies.

> So you've already bought it - and now you're asking the question?

That's the way things work here. "So I have 95 jumps and I bought a Stiletto 107 - what does everyone here think?"
"Can you return it?"
"No"
"Can you afford another canopy?"
"No, I pretty much have to jump this one."
"I don't think you should jump it."
"See, that's why I don't post here! That's totally useless information."

I try to remember that I made some bonehead purchases when I was a newbie. With a whole lot less information available (pre IBM PC let alone internet;)). BTW, you may have made a fine purchase.

It may fit, it may not. You can't tell without having canopies in it, hanging in the harness, and we can't tell without LOOKING at it.

Have fun.:)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I just purchased a used Talon 2 from a skydiver. He was 2-3inches shorter then me... the container feels good when i have it on, but the metal rings that connect the leg straps to the container itself are right on my hipbones... is it going to smash my hipbones when it opens and be super uncomfortable or will that ride up a bit and out of my way? Id hate to jump it and have it be mega uncomfortable and unusable? any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

ps. 1 jump away from A license... so excited

I bet you mean the HARNESS SIZING.

Container - holds canopies
Harness - is waht you put on. Container is attached to it.

if you can, hang the container off something and while you are wearing it. This way you will have a better idea of what you will be dealing with under canopy.

It is my understanding that the articulated harness rings are supposed to be right on your hip-bones for a proper fit, actually.

Depends on the style of harness and the jumper's body. We had a customer that was 6' 8" with a really tall pelvis. By the measurements, he would have worn a 16.5-17" harness, but we put him in something closer to a 20" IIRC.
VSE on Facebook

Rigging Innovations' (aka the Talon factory) model has the top of the pelvis (iliac crest) in the center of the hip ring on a Talon 2.
Since all the load is vertical, there is no need for padding on Talon hip rings.
I have hundreds of jumps on '94 Talons and Talon 2s - not much flab - and not bruises.