mmytacism

Amazing first jump at Cross Keys Sunday

Hey, all!

I just wanted to say that Ed and I completed our first tandem skydives at Cross Keys yesterday, and it was one of the most amazing experiences of our lives. I'm already checking the weather for this weekend to see if it'd be a good time to schedule my next jump!

I can't imagine a better place to have jumped, either. The entire staff at Cross Keys was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, and especially friendly and welcoming (not to mention downright hilarious!). Thanks for making our first skydiving experiences truly memorable--and thanks to our amazing instructors, Pancake and Mark, and talented videographers, Jack and Paul, for accompanying us on our jumps!

Now, every time I hear a plane soar by, I wish I were hanging out the door. But it won't be long until I'm in the sky again. :)

Also, without this forum, we may have been completely discouraged by the whole Skyride ordeal. Thanks, guys, for the support and encouragement to have the time of our lives!

See you in the sky,
Jessica

Hey everyone!
I echo Jessica's comments regarding Cross Keys. We had a fantastic first jump. We owe so many thanks to the incredible staff there that words cannot begin to describe. They made us feel 100% comfortable, safe, and happy with our first skydive ever. They were very patient with us, answering our questions, showing us what we needed to do, etc. Everyone was so understanding, too, about us having been scammed. They knew how upset we were about the situation, so we further thank them for their kindness. We ALREADY have booked another skydive for Saturday at 1! It will be a bit colder, but we'll bundle up. That was quite a pie show! I thought she was just going to get one big pie in the face, but the show that was put on was awesome. Jessica and I are already bracing for what she and I will get at our 100th jump. We plan to do all of our jumps together, so I guess Cross Keys will have their work cut out for them! I didn't expect to talk about pickles, either, but that was cool! I wouldn't want to jump at a location where everything is tense and strict. Sure, everyone at Cross Keys was on the ball with things, but still, everyone's goal was for their jumpers to have FUN. Jessica and I definitely were able to obtain a ton of much needed fun and excitement as a result of Cross Keys. Thanks to all involved who made November 20, 2005 a very memorable day in the lives and best friendship of me and Jessica, and we'll see you again Saturday!
-Ed
Just one question to those from Cross Keys - we didn't get a chance to check out the store there. We will eventually buy jumpsuits at some point, for not only clothes protection, but also for a bit of help in keeping warm in cold weather. I do have a couple of one piece coveralls that she and I could wear, but they're not actual skydiving suits (a little bit thicker than skydiving suits). Do you sell them or have any available for rent? I know they can be a bit of an investment, so I was trying to get an idea for [near] future reference. Thanks!

Just one question to those from Cross Keys - we didn't get a chance to check out the store there. We will eventually buy jumpsuits at some point, for not only clothes protection, but also for a bit of help in keeping warm in cold weather. I do have a couple of one piece coveralls that she and I could wear, but they're not actual skydiving suits (a little bit thicker than skydiving suits). Do you sell them or have any available for rent? I know they can be a bit of an investment, so I was trying to get an idea for [near] future reference. Thanks!

They *should* be provided to students through the completion of AFF. At that point, some DZs continue to allow use, others rent.

Well, of course, me too -- haha, I've only told a few people so far that I've made my first jump, and some of them have freaked out! But anyway, I'll jump with anyone who's open to fun! Even if I ever had to go alone, it'd still be worth it! If we do hit 100 jumps together, it'll be a race to see who gets hit with the pies first! I'll get you good!