pop

I have a snake...

I was just post whoring....
When I was younger I got bit by a copperhead. That son of a bitch kept me in pain for about a month. He got me on the finger...two hour later my whole arm was swolen like a baloon!
7 ounce wonders, music and dogs that are not into beer

Yes, Elaphe is an albino- she has no melanin, but she still has xanthin (yellow pigment) and erythrin (red pegment), so that is why she is a bright reddish-orange, instead of the reddish-brown in wild type corn snakes.

Corn snakes have been bred to be certain colors in captivity since the 1950's. They're one of the most popular snakes because they are so docile (except to their prey>:() & easy to care for & handle.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

This is Elaphe, my corn snake:

S/he is beautiful.

I had a melanistic corn a long time ago--from the time it was a baby. It was a gorgeous snake. I also had a black rat (from the time it was 3-days hatched--I got it as a wedding present), an indigo that thought it was a belt and various assorted constrictors at different times, some of which were rehab patients.

I love snakes.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I have an inland jungle carpet python, a couple ball pythons and a giant b+W tegu plus I get to work venemous on the weekends. Fun stuff, I have always been entrigued by reptiles
---------------
"Once you find a job that you like, you never have to work another day in your life"

Sneakers, that is cool! I'm a member (not active since Katrina) of the Louisiana Gulf Coast Herptelogical Society which, of course, specializes in the study and rescue of reptiles. Tegus are awesome! I'll probably get one when my son gets a little bigger.

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none. -- Hasidic Saying