TFFTM

The best "Season Movie Ever"

Let me preface that I hate what Christmas has become. Especially this early ...but one of my favorite movies came on tonight.

So what is the movie that gets you into the season?
Mine is "A Christmas Story"
Does anyone know where I can buy that lamp?:)

BSBD
Home of the Alabama Gang

Does anyone know where I can buy that lamp?

I do! I do!!! (One of the best movies ever....if anyone is ever up this way, I'll take you to Flick's Tavern. :P)

http://theleglamp.com/signaturelamp.htm

They have miniature leg lamps at Meijer. I wanted to go as a leg lamp for Halloween, but the lampshade around my waist posed problems. I also got this awesome nightlight that's up year round and some Christmas lights that look like leg lamps. I rock.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

christmas story is kick ass ...xmas season just isn't the same without the 24hr marathon :)

but i am also going to have to give serious props to christmas vacation.... theres another classic :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

I'm still a total sucker for "It's a Wonderful Life." I know, I know, I've seen it a million times, and every year I tell myself I'm not going to cry, but wouldn't you know it, every year when I hear "To my brother, George Bailey..." well, it must be kind of dusty in the room. ;)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Such a good one....

The claymation Rudolph is so good, too. Phil got me one of the best gifts ever of a Yukon Corelius ornament that talks!!!!

HUGE FAN OF RUDOLPH THE RED NOSE REINDEER!!!! I also like Garfield's Christmas Special, when my brother and I were younger, we used to laugh at the animation of it. It's a classic, but Rudolph is definitly my favorite!

CReW SKies,
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

nightmare before christmas is a great call!!

one of the best quotes from xmas vacation:

Clark W. Griswold: I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane, with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey sh** he is! Hallelujah! Holly Sh**! Where's the Tylenol?
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

As a kid:
• Frosty the SnowMan http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006II5L.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Jack Frosthttp://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006HU2XC.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

I just had a thing for claymation!... :D:ph34r::ph34r:

~Nightmare before Christmas rules!!!!!!
~Christmas Story is still in my #10 list
BUT!... I gotta give it to The Griswold Family!.... "Yule crack up!"
:P:D:D:ph34r::ph34r:http://www.solace.mh.se/~alpha/jlwp/images/lampoon/national-3.jpg
LiquidSky
@(^_^)@

Hands down the Grinch. The origional cartoon not Jim Carey

Abso-freaking-lutely. It's not Christmas until I've seen it or listened to it (it's on my iPod as well - and I listened to it on my way home from Thanksgiving dinner).

But, I must say that the "Light the lamp, not the rat!" part from The Muppets Christmas Carol cracks me up. Every single time.

kristen
swooo #3 MB #3587 P.M.S. #66
"so let go, jump in...what're you waiting for? it's all right 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

I love that movie. "Merry Christmas, shitter was full"

That is my favorite part of the whole movie. We were quoting the movie friday at work and i kept doing the "shitter's full" one. Oh good times. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!