freeflir29

Who do I know at Skydive Dallas?

Price wise....they are expensive....but have awesome facilities, staff, gear, and planes. Out of all the other DZ's in the area....I've taken everyone who asked me about doing a tandem, to SDD. Licensed jumps aren't near as expensive.....$21 to 13500 last time I jumped there.

Jumped there lots of times. AWESOME medium
sized DZ....they've got a twin otter and a caravan. If looking at other DZ's in the area....NONE compare IMO. I'm stationed at Ft. Sill, OK...when not out here.....and have jumped all around the area. By far SDD is #1!

Jordan

Go Fast, Dock Soft.

SD Dallas is a GREAT dz, but where in TX is he actually from? SD Dallas is actually in Whitewrite which is a good ways outside of the metroplex. Eagle Flight is SW of Ft. Worth a good ways and CowTown is similarly outside the metroplex in a different direction. EF and Cowtown don't have nearly the lift capacity, but are still fun DZs. You know what a tandem student's experience difference is out of a 182 or a large turbine? Nothing. Infact tandem students going to smaller DZs get to hang out and meet more people, talk to more people and typically get offered beer a little quicker at the end of the day...atleast in my limited experience.:)
Beyond that, I bet John could hook your friend up, he's good people and (as he said) an instructor @ SD Dallas.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I think we're quoting tandem's at $209. Might can get you the friend of a friend deal and cut a little off that.

Yeah.........I thought $209 a little pricey and I think the video charge pushed it to $300 or more he said! :o I know it's got the only Turbines in the area and a good reputation so that's why I suggested it to him. I'll PM you his email and hook you two up. You'll like John. He's on a leave of absence from the US Marshal service. Really good guy.

SD Dallas is a GREAT dz, but where in TX is he actually from?

He's from OKLAHOMA of all places. :D

Oh and BTW............he has 5 friends that "say" they are going to come along too. :D This is extra funny cause John is still a whuffo yet he is saying "5 SAY they want to come but we'll see who all actually shows up." :D So see what you can work out for him. Thanks guys!

There are 2 other DZ's in the DFW area that dont charge quite as much for Tandems. Skydive Dallas is closer to Oklahoma than Dallas. Been there twice, but couldnt seem to get a jump in either time. shit happens ya know.

Its actually only 1 hour North of Dallas.

Their jump tickets are $23.00 for fun jumpers though.:S

Clay,

I've spent quite a bit of time at SDD and was a visiting TI one summer. While the Tandem cost may sound a bit pricey, the process and professionalism for tandems is a good model for any DZ to emulate. The class room training is superb, the TI's (All of them) make for a very fun experience. It's not the take your money, cursory training, take'em on a jump, pat em on the butt and show them the door. The TI's will spend time with them afterwards to talk about skydiving, students are encouraged to walk around and talk to skydivers, hang out and party for the evening, etc. They really do a great job of trying to build a long-term relationship, encourage additional training and making every customer feel welcome.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

SDD is approximately 35-40 miles from the Oklahoma border and roughly an hour from downtown Dallas. However, having said that, SDD is 3 hours and 15 minutes from Oklahoma City (drove it every weekend for 3 years) and almost 3 hours to Tulsa. Definately closer to Dallas than the big cities in Oklahoma (which is where the majority of Oklahoma jumpers live).

SDD has a wonderful student operation. Its the more bang for your buck theory. Certainly you can pay less for a tandem, but you will certainly get less. You can't go wrong at SDD.

...SDD has a wonderful student operation. Its the more bang for your buck theory. Certainly you can pay less for a tandem, but you will certainly get less. You can't go wrong at SDD.

+1. I went out with a group of friends in June that consisted of 14 people doing our 1st tandem.

Out of that original group, all but two made a 2nd tandem...4 of us are currently in the AFF school...4 have made a 3rd tandem...and we have gotten 2 other friends to do their 1st tandem.

I can't speak highly enough of the staff at SDD! B|

No
Longer
A
Dirty,
Rotten,
Stinkin',
Leg.

(Motto of the Jumpin' Jehosaphats of VFW Post #4380)

:D