ACMESkydiver

Absolutely HATE the holidays. -Anyone else?

I can't stand them. I have to get liquored up to tolerate November and December. -And the first part of January, too. That's a quarter of my year, damn! :o

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Want to leave. Want to go far away. never want to come back. Hate it. Hate it.

Anyone else? It sucks, I hate Santa, the trees, the lights, relatives, friends, food, happy people, in-laws, Christmas decorations and songs, I hate the whole thing. I want to find myself on a deserted tropical island with many smoothies and nobody around.

Gifts, credit card bills, gluttony, over-extravagance, another year older, another year wasted, hate it hate it hate it.

-But you all can have a Merry Christmas if you want to. :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I can't stand them. I have to get liquored up to tolerate November and December. -And the first part of January, too. That's a quarter of my year, damn! :o

Hate it. Hate it. Hate it. Want to leave. Want to go far away. never want to come back. Hate it. Hate it.

Anyone else? It sucks, I hate Santa, the trees, the lights, relatives, friends, food, happy people, in-laws, Christmas decorations and songs, I hate the whole thing. I want to find myself on a deserted tropical island with many smoothies and nobody around.

Gifts, credit card bills, gluttony, over-extravagance, another year older, another year wasted, hate it hate it hate it.

I used to hate the holidays really bad, but not so much any more. Having some critters around makes any time of year a good time--no alcohol needed.

As far as the "Damn--another wasted year; another year closer to an agonizing death!" kind of thinking, I consider aging to be a privilege. I'm pretty sure I should have been dead a long time ago, so the smartass side of me gets a real kick out of beating the odds for yet another year.

Cheer up!

Walt

I want to find myself on a deserted tropical island with many smoothies and nobody around.

I don't hate anything like that, but the deserted island with smoothies sounds great!! Can I come too! I promise I won't sing any Christmas carols. Not sure about other songs though... ;)

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

I thought this would be the typical rant post, and for the most part it was, but...

Anyone else? It sucks, I hate Santa, the trees, the lights, relatives, friends, food, happy people, in-laws, Christmas decorations and songs, I hate the whole thing.

Mmmm, no. In fact, the look on my childrens faces and the gleam in their eyes on Christmas morning even makes up for the shiity years I've had, much less months or weeks.

I really hope this isn't how you really feel, or I feel sorry for your kids. [:/]

Oh, we will, and I really hope that in the end you do too.

And while you're at it, light a birthday candle too, ok?
:)
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

another year wasted, hate it hate it hate it.

Well, stop wasting your life away then. The only one who can help you have a happy life is you.

(I love, love, love the holidays!)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't like what Christmas had turned into. We forgot the true meaning a long time ago...[:/]

Whadaya mean we?

Scroll up and read post #6 again...

Merry Christmas!
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Nope, love it;):P Love the lights, love the trees, soldiers & stars made of garland on all the street lamps. Love switching from my venti iced vanilla soy latte to my warm one. Love the food. Love the boots. Love wearing my favorite, self-named "Steven Tyler" long patch jacket. Love the Christmas bonus and the new winter Gucci bag I buy with it:P Love seeing family and sending friends cute holiday cards with dogs & cats in santa hats.:D

Love annoying holiday haters:P;):)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I will not be over soon enough. I refuse to go shopping unless were out of food and dying.
Were obliged to go back home for the holidays, where we will spend another 4-6 hours driving (after the 9 hour drive one way) to see various friends, and family. While I will enjoy seeing them, the fact that I cant go home with out seeing them all... grinds my gears.
Its a 4day weekend I cant jump! Or look for the house I want.
I'd rather stay here, get together with some friends and eat drink and be merry. B|
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Nope, I love the holidays. Its the only time of year when I can really concentrate on making other people happy, and I love that. Its the only time of year where almost nothing can put me in a bad mood - not the restraining order my mom took out against my dad, not the water main break in the basement that flooded my storage area ruining lots of things and destroying my dryer - nothing.

I'd have my tree up already if we weren't travelling to KY for Thanksgiving tomorrow.

I love this time of year :)

Jen
Arianna Frances

I agree with you not liking what's christmas has been made into. But it's yours to enjoy how you choose. Why hate it? For me it's time off school, get to see more of family and friends, great food, and... SNOW! Start of the boardin season baby!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ya we'll rape the local objects, and maybe do some jumps too!"

There are plenty of people who did not like Christmas as kids. The thing is, everyone on here is an adult. As adults, we have choices that kids do not have.

As adults, Christmas is what we make it. Don't like the credit cards and the gluttony? Then you have the choice not to participate in it. Christmas decorations? No worries.

My guess is some people think you're a Scrooge. To them I say, "Bah, Humbug!" You celebrate Christmas for what it's worth to you. In a sense, that's part of what makes it so neat. You can have an anti-Christmas Christmas, which is like an anti-missile missile.

As for me, Christmas just keeps getting better. Next year, my son will truly be able to appreciate it. THat's gonna be awesome!

As it is now, I'm heading to the Home Depot tomorrow for some Christmas lights, and I'm gonna get them hanging on my new crib. I've never done Christmas lights before. I've never had the spirit to do so. But, things change. People change. And now I see it as worth the effort. :)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I can't stand them.

Not Christian.
Hate holiday food.

The best times I ever had during the holidays were during my first marriage--my mother-in-law always cooked Italian--and when I started jumping, because we came down to Florida to jump and ate at IHop when everything else was closed. (DeLand was a dinkier town then. It's grown a lot in the last few years.)

If I could skip the next month, I'd do it. So what I'll do instead is participate in my firm's charitable giving activities--we have a family whom we sponsor every month (food) and we'll do holiday shopping for them now, and we also make gift shoeboxes for children. That, at least, feels like a good thing to do during a time when everyone else seems focused on acquistion.

I'm planning to spend Thursday in the office, working. I suppose I'll spend Christmas here as well. I want to avoid the hoopla at all costs.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I agree with you, I hate the holidays, I am not even celebrating in the least this year... no tree...no presents... no lights. My kids get things throughout the year, they have never believed in Santa and I would never lie to them like that.

Do however have to celebrate thanksgiving this year, maybe mom will ruin that one to then we will have an excuse to forgo thanksgiving next year
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I hear ya, Jaye. But we try to make Christmas, and all holidays what we want them to be. We try to keep the presents at a minimum, but with 4 kids there's gonna be some stuff under the tree. I love the parties this time of year, and the lights and the trees. Too many people do make Christmas into a gluttonous orgy of spending 'til their credit cards groan, or plan activities and holiday trips 'til they're exhausted. I hate people I love wasting their money buying me things I don't want or need. Those are traps my wife and I decided to avoid years ago