tbrown

Favorite Version of Dickens' "Christmas Carol"

Hey it's Christmas time again and time for one of the coolest ghost stories ever written. I can't get enough of Dickens' "Christmas Carol", my favorite part is still Jacob Marley dragging all those chains up the stairs and walking in on Scrooge.

So which is your favorite version ? Your favorite part of the story ?

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

I liked George C Scott's version for the classic story, and Bill Murray's version for the comedy.

There's a different story of the same genre that I thought was good, with Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni in it, but I forgot the name...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I liked George C Scott's version for the classic story, and Bill Murray's version for the comedy

I love Carol Cain as the Ghost of Christmas Present, especially the way she keeps bashing the crap out of Murray. "Oh look, a toaster (bash) !" What does she say, something like "you won't be able to suck soup for three weeks" ?

I liked George C Scott's version for the classic story, and Bill Murray's version for the comedy

I love Carol Cain as the Ghost of Christmas Present, especially the way she keeps bashing the crap out of Murray. "Oh look, a toaster (bash) !" What does she say, something like "you won't be able to suck soup for three weeks" ?

Yep, that was too fucking funny!! :D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There's a different story of the same genre that I thought was good, with Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni in it, but I forgot the name...

The Family Man

'Shell

Yeah, that's it... saw it again a couple nights ago. good stuff... liked the whore at the door bit... should have stayed home and done her first... :D

Watching Mr. Magoo is a Christmas tradition in my family.

My favorite Christmas movie of all time is Gremlins, though. :)

Yeah... who could forget the end where the little good gremlin says "bye Billy"...

just brings a tear to my eye... (sniff)

:D:D That was a great movie, for sure! Of all the ways to kill the bad ones... microwave oven, blender, etc... :D:D:D

You forgot the Muppet Christmas Carol. I like that one the best!

Sorry about that, I knew was gonna forget something. Please feel free to vote for "other".

Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol was my first experience with the story, I think I was in the 3rd grade when I saw it. Then just last year I caught it on cable for the first time in about forty years.