Rockow

Jump with a broken leg

Just wondering if anyone else out there has ever jumped with one of thier limbs in a cast. I made a jump with my leg in a cast this last September. Any ways there's a picture of the jump at
http://skydivewings.com/first.htm
Alot of my non skydiving friends think I was stupid, and maybe I am. But I had to get a picture:S. Anyways let me know if ya like the picture.
If first you don't succeed then skydiving isn't for you!

Just wondering if anyone else out there has ever jumped with one of thier limbs in a cast. I made a jump with my leg in a cast this last September. Any ways there's a picture of the jump at
http://skydivewings.com/first.htm
Alot of my non skydiving friends think I was stupid, and maybe I am. But I had to get a picture:S. Anyways let me know if ya like the picture.

Well, if you're gonna do something that dumb, it would be NUTS not to get pics, and I've gotta admit--I like the pic!

No way I'll do something like that, but it does make for a great shot.

Walt

well it depend oin HOW broken it was.
you lok like you broke a tib, fib or both.

If you were able to put some weightonit at the time I don't think its THAT crazy. but if it was in a cast for a week I might have to rethink my limitations.

I personally haven't had to jump with any broken items but If it were during the last phases of healing and the winds weren't too bumpy , I have full confidence in the piloting that i could land softly.

that said...I would have to FULLY believe that MY jumping would'nt cause myself or anyone else further injury before I got in my rig
My photos

My Videos

When I broke my arm, I waited until the cast came off before I went back to jumping, but I wore the plastic brace with the thumb-hole for another month, and I couldn't do any floater slots where I have to hang on the floater bar for exit during that time.

Now, a broken leg, that's a different story. Definitely not smart to jump when the cast is still on.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Clicky

I don't know about stupid, but definately not a smart move
:S

heres a clicky that works

hey wings completely redid there site! looks good and they have a kickass new rig coloring program in 3D!!:o:o
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

I did a clear & pull holding the pilot chute in my hand and crunched up tight with my leg pulled up in my stomach less than 2 weeks after having had an appendectomy back in 92. Definitely not a smart thing to do. Still had stitches. Stretched a tiny bit. I was young and dumb.