pajarito

GAME DAY! - WAR EAGLE!!!

Sugar Bowl kickoff...

Only game that matters is the one tomorrow.

After allowing a 80 TD bomb and letting VT close to 16-13, apparently so...

Congrats to Auburn for going 13-0, but the polls have not been in your favor all year.... Now if they'd done all this LAST YEAR like they were supposed to, they'd be National Champs...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Congrats to Auburn for going 13-0, but the polls have not been in your favor all year.... Now if they'd done all this LAST YEAR like they were supposed to, they'd be National Champs...

It's all a beauty pageant these days (i.e. gotta beat them by 30 points or what you did last year). Doesn't matter that they were playing the #9 (sorry...#8) team in the nation who very well could have made the same record as Auburn this year. They were a tough opponent. Great defense. Very flawed system. In Auburn's case, a disgusting situation in my opinion. Think USC or OK could run up the score on a team with a defense like Auburn's? I think not. They wouldn't look so "pretty" at the end of one of those games. I'll put all my anger and frustration aside, however, and just give a big WAR EAGLE!!! The boys did well and they deserve much...much....better.

Only game that matters is the one tomorrow.

Still think OK was the #2 team in the nation worthy of playing USC for the National Championship? USC sure looked "pretty" running up the score like that. Both USC and OK looked really "pretty" running up the score on unranked opponents also. Think Auburn's top ranked defense might could have put a damper on Matt Leinart's ability to pass like that? It's hard to pass accurately with your face in the dirt. Even if you've won the Heisman Trophy. Think both our QB (Jason Campbell) and two incredible running backs (Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown) might have been able to push through USC's defense? Think our defensive backs like Junior Rosegreen might have been able to pick a pass off or two? Think Auburn could have withstood the pressure of maybe being down by a touchdown or two better than OK and might have been able to fight back? I truly think so but we'll never know. What a shame. What a pitiful display from our supposed top two teams in the nation.

I thought USC looked pretty good.

Of the eight sides playing in those two games (offense and defense for each team) I thought the standout star was the Auburn Defense (which, funny enough, doesn't have any of the "stars" for the talking heads to go on about).

Without seeing the game played, we can never know. My guess is that USC's offense is closer to Auburn's defense than Auburn's offense is to USC's defense. So I think it would be a very low scoring game, with a slight edge to USC.

But I'd still be cheering for Auburn.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

What a pitiful display from our supposed top two teams in the nation.

I thought USC put on one fine display.....

B|

55-19 is not a game. It's a slaughter.
I call it a mismatch. Sure, you're going to look pretty when no one can stop you. I'm sure USC looked really good in practice too. A real game, like Tom said, is one where the scores aren't that far apart. Then, you've played someone worthwhile. I'd be more convinced of a true national champion this year if that had happened.

But I'd still be cheering for Auburn.

Which is all that really matters! B|

I was born in Auburn (well, right beside it in Opelika), went to high school there, went to college there, and now have moved back right across the river in Georgia. I was going to Auburn football games when I was very young and even all through the the Barfield years when it was very common for us to get beat bad every game. Still, I'd be there. I'll always pull for the ORANGE & BLUE. It's not just a game. It's an attitude and a way of life. B|

WAR EAGLE!

Auburn is right where they should be...#2. Auburn is thankful they didn't have to face off against USC. How can Auburn compete against a team that hung 50+ on the #2 team in the country when they can barely beat the #9 team? I'll answer that for you. They can't.

Note to all Auburn fans.....take your 13-0, #2 ranked selves and go home. Be happy you're where you are and that you weren't the ones getting bitch-slapped all over the Orange Bowl.

At least now you can cling to your, "we would have beat USC" babble. You had your chance to show the nation you were worthy of being co-national champs. You choked. You barely beat a #9 team. Meanwhile USC walks in and dominates the #2 team in the nation. Too bad you don't have the talent to pull off something of that nature.

Auburn is right where they should be. #2.

Forty-two

How can Auburn compete against a team that hung 50+ on the #2 team in the country...

If Oklahoma was the #2 team in the country, why did 8 other teams in the country fare better against USC?

...when they can barely beat the #9 team?

Are you referring to the same Virginia Tech team that lost to USC by only 11 points (as opposed to Oklahoma who lost to them by 36)?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Auburn is right where they should be...#2. Auburn is thankful they didn't have to face off against USC. How can Auburn compete against a team that hung 50+ on the #2 team in the country when they can barely beat the #9 team? I'll answer that for you. They can't.

Note to all Auburn fans.....take your 13-0, #2 ranked selves and go home. Be happy you're where you are and that you weren't the ones getting bitch-slapped all over the Orange Bowl.

At least now you can cling to your, "we would have beat USC" babble. You had your chance to show the nation you were worthy of being co-national champs. You choked. You barely beat a #9 team. Meanwhile USC walks in and dominates the #2 team in the nation. Too bad you don't have the talent to pull off something of that nature.

Auburn is right where they should be. #2.

Coming from the casual football fan expert... :D :D :D