boinky

Texas Christmas Lights, Ya'll

I guess being in the Army, you don't see much of this, huh? Would sort of give away your position, if you were trying to lay low! ;)

Thank you for the job that you do....and I'm glad that I was able to give you a little smile with my light display! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

What a great job! You really do have the spirit of the season. The Texas flag is a great touch! Love it!

I just KNEW you'd like it! Is it the spirit of the season, or the spirit of the state? :S Whichever...thanks! :)
Speaking of which...I wonder where Sunny is. I bought the giant snowman in her honor! ;)
Nina

Well technically, I only moved here a few months ago, but I just LOVE this state! The pride that Texans have about their state is just a wonderful thing to me. More states should try it! :P

seriously, what other state makes chips and ice cubes in the shape of their state? well, maybe wyoming.

I thought Wyoming *WAS* a huge ice cube?? :D:D:D:D
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I love the sequined Texas Star!!!

Yeah...I love shinies!!! Wait'll you see the rest of my ornaments that I am making. The stars are just the beginning! Texas is either going to be REALLY proud that I moved here...or eager to get rid of me! :P

Will post pics as I complete each type! :)

Some folks might say I am having just a wee bit too much fun with this......>:(
Nina

seriously, what other state makes chips and ice cubes in the shape of their state? well, maybe wyoming.

Never been to Wyoming....yet!

But the state pride in Texas is awesome! What other state has a store in their mall with just items that reflect the state in some way? BTW...I've just GOT to stay out of that store! :)
Nina

Nina, if yer gonna be stakin' claim to this here great state of ours honey, there's one thang you've got to learn:

Y'all.

It's how you know fer sure that you ain't in the North, and according to legend it means "You all", hence the apostrophe after the "Y" and before the "all."

Just a li'l word of advice to a new neighbor. Have a nice day now, y'hear?

B|

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Here's an idea for Texas Christmas lights. You know how scorpions glow under black light?

Kill a bunch of scorpions then put them on a string like popcorn. Hang it over the window under a black light.

WOW!!! That's a GREAT idea. ;) Unfortunately, the scorpions must've seen that coming, as they've disappeared lately. Sure wish you had suggested it when I first moved here. I'll bet I could've had at least a 100 light strand by now! >:( >:(

I guess it just gives me something to work at for NEXT year's decorations! :)

Mike honey....can I hang scorpions around the house for decoration? B|
Nina

I've had a tour of her place. FANTASTIC....

:$:$:$:$:$

If we could bottle up her energy and ability to be happy (most of the time)

Hey, my honey said that even [U][I]I[/I][/U][/B] am allowed to have a down day every now and then! :)
Nina

Nina, if yer gonna be stakin' claim to this here great state of ours honey, there's one thang you've got to learn:

Y'all.

It's how you know fer sure that you ain't in the North, and according to legend it means "You all", hence the apostrophe after the "Y" and before the "all."

Just a li'l word of advice to a new neighbor. Have a nice day now, y'hear?

We tried to teach her that one here in Ga.;)
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

Y'all.

Okay...I'll try to work on this. Mike and Clint tried to teach me to say it proper "Texas" style in June...but I didn't have much success. But I'm trying, ya' know. ;)
Nina

Nina,
I printed a picture of the CF World Record & brought it to work to show everyone. So far everyone has asked the same question, "which one are you?".B| To which I only have 1 reply & that is to hang my head in shame & say, "I wasn't involved in that one".[:/] I think I will make an effort to be in the 100 way in 2 years.
Skymama stalker #69!!!!

i bet if we turned it into a perverted game she would pick it up!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And your point would be?

Nina

You're only as sick as your secrets.

At the end of my horns.:ph34r:
My fortune in today's fortune cookie read, "You are gifted in many ways". I'm still laughing at the timing.

Skymama stalker #69!!!!

For some sick twisted reason, I think no Christmas decorations at your house would be complete without a dead scorpion string strung up across your front porch with a strong black light highlighting them at night! B|B|B|

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Here's an idea for Texas Christmas lights. You know how scorpions glow under black light?

Kill a bunch of scorpions then put them on a string like popcorn. Hang it over the window under a black light.
B|

Damn... you beat me to it... leave it to me not to read the whole damn thread first! :S :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What a great job! You really do have the spirit of the season. The Texas flag is a great touch! Love it!

I just KNEW you'd like it! Is it the spirit of the season, or the spirit of the state? :S Whichever...thanks! :)
Speaking of which...I wonder where Sunny is. I bought the giant snowman in her honor! ;)

I think, y'all did a great job! Showing both the Christmas and Texas spirit. I do believe, y'all are gonna fit real good here. Hope, your first Texas Christmas is bigger and better than ever.
Hadn't heard a squeak here outa Sunny. The snowman was thoughtful.

Chuck

You know, I gave away 5 live scorpions a few weeks ago to the wife/kids of the DZO here. I wonder if I could get them back now?

"Hello Kathy? I was wondering if I could get those live scorpions back, so I can now kill them and make Christmas ornaments out of them."

Yeah...I'm sure that would go over REALLY well. NOT!!!
Nina

Um...er....well...it wasn't y'all that decorated. 1/2 of the "y'all" was NOT enthused. Said it was nice, as long as it was on someone ELSE'S house...not his.

Good thing he's in Kosovo right now, huh? ;) >:( And by the time he comes home in late January, they will be nothing more than a fond memory and a great thread on dz.com! :P
Nina

You know, I gave away 5 live scorpions a few weeks ago to the wife/kids of the DZO here. I wonder if I could get them back now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello Kathy? I was wondering if I could get those live scorpions back, so I can now kill them and make Christmas ornaments out of them."

Yeah...I'm sure that would go over REALLY well. NOT!!!

Nina

NO, No, No...I think that in Texas fashion you have to keep them alive. Like, in a glass ornament.:P

Skymama stalker #69!!!!

NO, No, No...I think that in Texas fashion you have to keep them alive. Like, in a glass ornament.

Ooohhh....they DO sell those at Hobby Lobby!!!! Still, I don't think Kathy is going to give them back..and the rest of the little fuckers have been laying low since my kids were here. >:(
Nina