bigway

To copy the design of anothers rig

I had a customer in my house/office/dog kennel today ordering a rig through myself.
We used this website to search for different styles etc (this website is such a priceless resource) and anyway, we saw a rig that we both loved and he nearly copied it exactly. I asked him what he would say if he ever saw the guy as i believe the rig is a one of a kind. HE told me he would go up to the guy and ask him why he copied 'his' design:D:D

Anyway, we went for something different, but it makes me wonder how would you fell if someone copied your design?

Personally, I would be fucked off if someone copied my design but if i copied someones design i would just tell them to get over it:)

Seriosuly though, how would you feel. I have sold more than my fair share of rigs over the years and in the last 12 months alone i have had at least 20 customers ask me to show them some different designs that i can come up with. So i sit there and play around with designs and then send them 3 or 4. After doing this i know just how much work really goes into coming up with an original design for your rig, so how would you feel if you spent days or at least hours being creative for someone to just come and copy it?

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

I think sharing designs is cool. It might be a little weird if a local jumper showed up with an exact copy of my rig, but I wouldn't be mad by any means.

I found some inspiration for my rig online, and am very happy with the results.
Less talking, more flying.

Anyway, we went for something different, but it makes me wonder how would you fell if someone copied your design?

Meh, there's only so many colours, so many panels, and so many combo's that aren't unavoidably vomit-inducing. If the rig looks good, someone's going to come along with the same idea sooner or later.

I think the only exception would be if you'd designed some personal, complex embroidery patterns - it'd be a bit cheeky to steal those.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Your name looks familiar. What colour is your wings?

The wings i am talking about is a one of a kind design i think

i have a forrest green/black 5-2 ext with some golden pinstripes...:$ and another navy blue7red with some white pinstripes to arrive:)

:D:D:D
No mate, however we did study your rig at the same time, not to copy but to see how well you designed it. Alot of thought must have gone into that rig. My mate is trying to represent NZ and liked how you represented your colours.

I think your rig is the best i have ever seen. So much detail and thought went into that rig of yours, that is very obvious.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store

My friend Matt from Canada has the same exact rig as me.

Some one had two custom colored Icon's built, sharpie markered them #1 and #2, and later sold them.

We both purchased them without knowing each other, infact we might have been the third resale in the whole chain.

Small world lol. If either of us sells the other matching rig we both get first right of refusal. :D

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

:D:D:D
No mate, however we did study your rig at the same time, not to copy but to see how well you designed it. Alot of thought must have gone into that rig. My mate is trying to represent NZ and liked how you represented your colours.

I think your rig is the best i have ever seen. So much detail and thought went into that rig of yours, that is very obvious.

i think it's all about clear lines and shapes and that makes it ieasy for me. thought about having the other one in roval blue instead of the green and some white pinstripes but in the end i took something else... will be posted in here soon.
the forrest green etc is quiet and simple, not stylish - but i love it that way!
anyway: thank you very much

I would be flattered! (I constantly get "crap" for my colors ...)

Edit: Another design of a Wings. :P

Count one more time that someone gave you "crap" about your colors ;);)!!!

But at least we'd see you coming, at night, with a new moon, wearing sunglasses... :D

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Great/Individual designs all.

I'm working on my second Wings rig (very customized/unique... aren't they all :P ). However, a bit torn between standard (old) design and the new Vision. As I travel around, I don't seem to see any Visions out there. Anyone recently picked one up? If you have one, what are your impressions?

Bigway - Which model did you just order, standard or Vision? If not the Vision, why not?

Ok... Once I get the details nailed down and have Henri sign off on design, I'll post a pic.

Don't be sexist… Broads hate that.

I'd think I was exceptionally stylish.

It could happen accidentally too. I had a black and white checkerboard Reflex made when I was in my monochromatic phase (I've since added royal blue to my jumping ensembles) and one of the guys in Colorado Springs had a black and white checkerboard Reflex. When I went down there from Boulder some of the DZ locals were suspicious.

We used this website to search for different styles etc (this website is such a priceless resource) and anyway, we saw a rig that we both loved and he nearly copied it exactly.

What do you expect if someone posts their rig on a public domain? The person that posted it has no right to be angry if someone copies them. :o
http://planetskydive.net/ - An online aggregation of skydiver's blogs.