RIGGER

CYPRES 2 SERVICE BULLETIN C2-0408 - APRIL O8

Hi

Airtec the Cypres 2 AAD mfg. published today a MANDATORY BEFORE NEXT JUMP Service Bulletin C2-0408 regarding a batch of ALL Cypres 2
mfg. between Aug.2006 to Oct.2006 with serial no. of the effected units: Expert, Tandem, Student & Speed.

For yours information & action.

Enclosed the SB.

Be Safe !!!

I have found one of these serial numbers in my log book and the MFG date is actually 11/06. If you notice the bulletin says in production, not the actual manufacture date. So some units may have been in production in October and completed in November. So make sure you double check the serial number not just the dates.

Matt Davies

I don't know what is more weird....

That I have two cypres in my logbook with SNs 2 digits off, or that they are in the gap between some of the SNs that are listed...

So... Do I get to keep the $70, as a rigger, for doing the re-open and re-pack for my customers who are affected???

If the Cyres units were bought from the same store, then the close serial numbers are not that weird. The few distributors in the US (there used to only be 8, probably not many more now) buy in batches, and any other resalers of the units are probably buying from them.

As for the $70, if I were a rigger with customers who had affected units, I would mention to them that they are getting $70 from AirTec for their troubles, and as a rigger doing work for the customer, I would bill for my time as normal. Common rates for an open and close without repack range from $15 to $20, and a repack is between $50 and 70 these days.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Wow, you are in the same situation as me, i got informed of the SB 2 weeks after getting a re-pack... sucks... anyway, I still havent gotten mine back yet and its been 3 weeks. my rigger said to probably expect around 6 weeks.

~Adam

Anyone sent there's in and gotten it back??? Just wondering what the turnaround time is? Mine was sent in about 2 weeks ago.

Of course I saw this 2 weeks after I got a repack and had to send it in...B|

The $70 rebate is fuck all for places like NZ that are AAD mandatory and people are grounded and unable to work for weeks on end. Compensation for loss of income would be more appropriate!
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.