dropdeded

Can I Use Your Computer?

I work long shifts (48's and 72's) and bought a laptop. Im getting asked almost daily "can I use your laptop"? Its getting old. I said yes a few times and now I get asked a few times every shift. I paid almost 15 hundred freekin dollars for this thing, am I just being selfish??:|

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

You could suggest that everyone get together and put money into the kitty for a department laptop. Make sure there's enough in there for virus protection, and make sure there's a caretaker assigned for each shift.

If it's bought with kitty money, then it should be OK to do personal stuff on it during the down hours.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Laptops make quite effective bludgeoning implements. Try it on the next person to ask, close the lid and try to use the edge or corner. Especially effective to the face, which is soft and squishy and sensitive to high impacts from 12lbs of plastic and electronics.

Bonus if you let the lappy get really hot first.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.

Top notch.

Free.

Free for awhile;)
I use avast and you're right...it's top notch.
For some of the more obscure viruses I use to use panda because Norton didn't catch them. I don't have to do that anymore with avast;)

Having used Avast for quite awhile now.... and never having paid for it, no idea what you're talking about.

However, yes Avast is an excellent scanner.

If you're using it, tell them "No, I'm using it, can't you see".
If you're not using it, tell them "No, I'm just about to use it".

I've spent a long time asking to use other people's laptops. It really was getting old, to me! It's too bad I want an iBook, I'm probably never going to be able to afford one...

I'm the same. Then again I spend an average of 18 hours a day on mine. It took a long time to let my wife use my desktop machine, but I figure having a laptop and a desktop to myself was a little too greedy (although we were a three computer family for a while).

The 'puters an extension of mind and self, I dont want anyone messing around with that.

TV's got them images, TV's got them all, nothing's shocking.