peregrinerose

Handsome Dave Dewolf

Just a Dave update...

He's still staying with Trudy (I already told him that shacking up with the girlfriend isn't necessarily the best idea for a cardiac patient :)
If anyone's in the area, he plans to be at the Maytown club meeting this Sat at 9am.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Any Phily area folks out there? Dave is going to be in University of PA Hospital in the near future to repair the hole that's leaking fluid into his chest cavity. He was hospitalized briefly here to have the fluid removed, is back at Trudy's now, and is waiting to find out the date to go to Phila.

Dave is back at Trudy's. His hole plugging procedure was only 50% successful, so he'll be back in Phila for chest X rays and procedure #2 on Monday, June 9. He's on oxygen at the moment as a precautionary measure. Doc says prognosis for procedure #2 is good.

I am happy to announce Handsome Dave is back in the air and up to his old tricks. Not bad for a guy who just went through quadruple bypass surgery just a few months ago!

Way to go Dave!

If I ever grow up I wanna be "JUST LIKE HANDSOME DAVE"
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

From the Maytown email list....

Dave was admitted to Lancaster General Hospital 11/4/08. He has been having shortness of breath issues recently. The doctors put 4 stents in today and need to do a 5th one. They have to wait 2 days before putting in the 5th stent to allow the dye they use to clear his kidneys. Dave is in Room 6815.

My prayers are with you, Handsome Dave. Good luck with the procedures and get well soon!

Thanks for the news, Jen. Please tell Dave we're keeping him in our prayers.

Nova
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73