peregrinerose

Handsome Dave Dewolf

This is posted in Bonfire too, but I also know that a lot of you rigger types don't read in there much.

Dave is in Lancaster General Hospital, Lancaster PA tormenting the hell out of the nurses since has a new audience for his jokes. The last I heard, the docs recommended a triple bypass, which has not yet been scheduled.

SO,

Mailing address for him is
MR. DAVID DeWOLF, patient
Lancaster General Hospital
555 N. Duke St.
Lancaster, PA 17604-3555

Knowing Dave, he'd be happier if ya'll sent him strippers instead of flowers. Preferrably large breasted ones.

Visiting hours are from 9am to 830pm for anyone who's local. Room 6902 at the moment.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Knowing Dave, he'd be happier if ya'll sent him strippers instead of flowers. Preferably large breasted ones.

Doesn't that go without saying? Any guy who'd rather not have the strippers is 1. Lying 2. Gay

For the most part I understand that the stripper option isn't going to happen. I generally ask for a bouquet of beer.

Best wishes, and good luck Dave!

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Update on Dave...

He had a mild heart attack, surgeon says 5 blood vessels are 80-90% blocked, bypass surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. He's welcoming visitors (can you imagine Dave actually having to sit still for a while??? He's got to be bored!) and cards. I'll probably stop by on Sunday.

Edited to add: Dave's direct number at the hospital is 717-544-4641, so call him!!!

Edited again to correct the phone number :P

Alrighty, here's the Dave update. Chad and I just came back from visiting him. He's doing great, bored out of his skull and very stir crazy, itching to get back to work and jumping. He's delighted with the fresh audience to share his jokes with and appears that the staff is all quite entranced by Dave.

Surgery is going to be Tues or Wed, not sure yet, depends on some tests, and then he will be in intensive care for at least 6 days after that, so his room and phone numbers will be changing.

Keep the cards, balloons, phone calls, and other forms of entertainment coming. Dave's just normal Dave up for a laugh and a chat... he'll probably not be so up for entertaining immediately after the surgery though.

He isn't letting this slow him down at all, he has rigging work at home waiting for him, has a trip in July for rigging instruction, POPS meet in the fall, PIA, etc.

I spoke to Dave Sunday evening -- he's cheerfully receiving calls.

I told him that I'd been out of state for several weeks (true), working long hours (true), and somewhat out of touch (also true). So it was news when someone said that, during the past week, the Washington Monument had been painted PINK from top to bottom, the Mississippi River had begun to flow backwards over its entire 1500-mile length, and Handsome Dave DeWolf had run out of jokes.

I didn't believe them -- DAVE would never run out of jokes(!!)

He said he's happy to have 5 arteries bypassed; they cost less when you buy 'em all at once.

Jen,

Thank you for the update!

I hope Dave is doing better and recovers soon..

Please keep us posted with the updates
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" Franklin

Ok the latest on Dave, he's out of ICU, in a regular room, but he's also very limited on visitation and phone calls, so he isn't making that public right now. He's in great spirits and doing well. I'll post contact information when I have it, for now mailing address is still the same as in my first post.