skysurfcam

Tandem M.S.W.s

Anyone able to point me to a current reference for the following tandem M.S.W.'s?

Strong.
Vector
Sigma
Racer
Eclipse
Atom

Ta,

C.

Brother Wayward's rule of the day...
"Never ever ever go skydiving without going parachuting immediately afterwards."
100% PURE ADRENALENS

okay - I've only had 2 cups of coffee so acronyms aren't my strong point this early, what's M.S.W.?
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Any able to point me to a current reference for the following tandem M.S.W.'s?

Strong.
Vector
Sigma
Racer
Eclipse
Atom
ADVANCE 264 KG MSW AND 240 RECOMMENDED

Ta,

C.

Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

As defined by the Reserve's TSO'd maximum weight?

Geeze geezer, thanks for that... You must work for IBM:S

Now, Anyone able to point me to a current reference

C.

"Never ever ever go skydiving without going parachuting immediately afterwards."
100% PURE ADRENALENS

The packing data card and the TSO label on the reserve. It would all depend on what was in it. Plus the TSO limits for the harness' if less than the reserve.

Well Duh. As it happens, I don't have one of each lying around to check he cards/labels on.

Thus the question

Again, anyone got an actual online reference I can lookup?

C.

(Jeeze it's hard to ask a serious question on dropzone.com these days. In fact, it's almost pointless.)

100% PURE ADRENALENS

M.S.W.
Maximum Suspended Weight.

C.

P.S. Thanks Jerome. Pm Sent...

Have you received my PM back?
Jérôme Bunker
Basik Air Concept
www.basik.fr
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Luc-France/BASIK-AIR-CONCEPT/172133350468

I have around 1600 tandems spread over 9 years, and unfornatially (for the purpous of this conversation) have yet to need to deploy a reserve.

I have asked around in these forums, and talked with someone, can't remember the name, who said that he'd been involved in testing a few of the tandem reserves. His opineon was that the Precision TR375 was one of the best, and his favoriate.

Now, I've seen one deploied (from video guy position) after cutting away a line over. I guess it's obviousl that this was a slow deployment going from little/no speed. They were loaded in the in the low 400 lb range. The flair was "mushy", toggle preassure was obviously heavy as compared to an Icarus 330/365, but not at all unmanagable by one person.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

UPT/RWS Tandem system weight limits are rigged weight (also known as all-up weight or gross weight), not suspended weight.

Vector I Tandem w/360 Highlifter Reserve = 450lbs (as per phone conversation w/Mark Procos @ UPT)

Vector II Tandem w/PD360 Reserve = 500lbs (includes PD421, PD500, EZ384, EZ425, Sigma 370 & Sigma 395 mains

Sigma Tandem w/PD360 Reserve = 500lbs

http://www.strongparachutes.com/Documents/PDF_Files/DHTman98.pdf

Micro Sigma w/PD360 Reserve & Sigma 340 main = 500lbs (as per phone conversation w/Mark Procos @ UPT)

Strong's weight limits are listed as suspended weight:

Strong Dual Hawk with:

-SET400 main = 500lbs
-SET366 main = 460lbs
-Master 425 main = 500lbs
-T500 main = 500lbs

http://www.strongparachutes.com/Documents/PDF_Files/DHTman98.pdf (search the word "weight")
Arrive Safely

John

Anyone able to point me to a current reference for the following tandem M.S.W.'s?

Strong.
Vector
Sigma
Racer
Eclipse
Atom

normally an atom container has a PDF Galaxy reserve.the max suspended weight on the Galaxy's are only 440 lbs according to the label on the reserve.thats why we have taken them out of service and replaced them with new VTR-360.
rodger