kelel01

Are you afraid of roller coasters (and other amusement park rides)?

I went on this thing called the Skycoaster in Orlando once. It's basically a 300ft pendulum. They put this vest on you and that's it. You hang in the vest attached to a 300ft cable. It pulls you up to almost 90 degrees, then lets you go to swing back n forth. It's just a pussyassed vest! There's no feeling of security in that thing at all....

I was more terrified when that thing started then my first jump off a bridge :D

Those who do, can't explain. Those who don't, can't understand.

You're funny. In college, I used to drive all the way over there from UF and worked there for 3 months when I first started jumping (YOU GET FREE TUNNEL TIME, SINCE THEY ARE ((OR USED TO BE)) OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY, SKYFUN).

I tested that thing before opening all the time, and always offered to go with the little ones whose parents were too scared to go w/.

Other than the free tunnel time, though, the job sucked:P
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

I LOVE rollercoasters! My current favorite is the Titan at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, TX (the original six flags). It has this turn and dive halfway through the ride that feels just like (and looks very similar to) a LOW hook turn. The first time I rode it I was with a group of jumpers (too cloudy to jump) and we all panick-flared going around that turn, all in all it was pretty funny.

That one was scary! I went with them to six flags and they rode it three times... the first time I waited in line and then escaped out the other side before they went, the second time I didnt even wait in line but I finally went the third time. It was scary. but fun. It looks really scary when you're in line cause you can see the high dropoff [:/]

I don't, however, enjoy those pirate ship things that go all the way around, but kinda go back/forth, back/forth and then almost goes all the way over but you end up hanging upside down for minute and then going back the way you came.

I don't like those either>:(--but probably because I have memories as a kid of my dad pretending he was gonna push me out! :S

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I liked the spaceship and the spinny ones until I gave blood one day and had the "feel like I'm going to faint" reaction for the first time then proceeded directly to the bus for "physics day" at the local amusement park. Barfity barf barf barf. Mmmmm...regurgitated funnel cakes.

Dixie
HISPA #56 Facil Rodriguez
"Scientific research has shown that 60% of the time, it works every time."

Just wanted to see how we, as a generally thrill-seeking population, feel about amusement park rides.

Personally, I have to go with "a little scared". There's this freefall ride (oh, the irony) at Six Flags Over GA that I refuse to ride. Of course it's not like freefall at all, but rather being pushed towards the ground, which is why I don't like the idea of it. And I always get a little nervous before riding anything - meaning an amusement park ride, you freakin' sickos. :D

Oh man! I love that ride! It is the most intense thing that I have ridden! I love that adrenaline rush, I guess I'm just weird like that!

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

I love the roller coasters and the freefall ride is my favorite... but the ferris wheel? It terrifies me.

Go figure. :S

"One out of every four American's are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."

I am a roller coaster JUNKIE!! B|:):)
I had never ridden in childhood but got hooked after my first ride when I was in college. The best ride ever is MELLENIUM FORCE in Sandusky, OH. I have yet to top that one. It's fast, smooth, and has a killer first drop!! B| Top Thrill Dragster is overrated, too short. There are also some sweet rides at SF in LA -- Goliath rocks!! And Apollo's Chariot at Busch Gardens kicks ass, too.

I LOVE COASTERS!! B|:)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Love em.....except Ferris Wheels. Hate those. They scare me.

Yeah, I don't like Ferris Wheels either... Always afraid the one I'm on is gonna break free and roll its way down the street, or down the pier... Anybody remember the movie "1941" with John Belushi? :D :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban