kelel01

Are you afraid of roller coasters (and other amusement park rides)?

Just wanted to see how we, as a generally thrill-seeking population, feel about amusement park rides.

Personally, I have to go with "a little scared". There's this freefall ride (oh, the irony) at Six Flags Over GA that I refuse to ride. Of course it's not like freefall at all, but rather being pushed towards the ground, which is why I don't like the idea of it. And I always get a little nervous before riding anything - meaning an amusement park ride, you freakin' sickos. :D

I have this trend... if something scares me I'll go do it and then fall in love. A little messed up wouldn't ya say :S

But as a kid I was terrified of the big roller coasters. I finally got on the Greased Lighting, and was immediately hooked. Must have run back in line 10 more times in a row to do it again and again.

So goes the story of my life.

I LOVE rollercoasters! My current favorite is the Titan at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, TX (the original six flags). It has this turn and dive halfway through the ride that feels just like (and looks very similar to) a LOW hook turn. The first time I rode it I was with a group of jumpers (too cloudy to jump) and we all panick-flared going around that turn, all in all it was pretty funny.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I used to be right into rollercoasters.

A few months ago I went to Rainbows end which is I belive NZ's only amusement park.
The rides are ok.

I used to get a load of butterflies in my stomach but now nothing.[:/]

Even when I rode the Hulk ride at Islands of Adventure in Florida I wasnt getting butterflies at all.

I posted the link for the dragster a few weeks ago. Its the only ride I could see that would "get me off" as to say.

www.myspace.com/durtymac

I actually had never been on a roller coaster until after a couple years of skydiving, simply because the oppurtunity never arose. Once my roommates finally convinced me to go, I was jaded by all the jumping, and was pretty unimpressed. I'll still go when I have the chance, though. My favorite is to go with people who are deathly afraid, and scream the entire time. Very entertaining.

-Miranda
you shall above all things be glad and young / For if you're young,whatever life you wear
it will become you;and if you are glad / whatever's living will yourself become.

I watched my first two be born and delivered the third one myself, been diagnosed with cancer and given 24 months (1975), watched Nixon get reelected and pardoned, ..........

Roller coasters, no!

Oh yeah, read a bunch of the "I'm Christian and proud of it thread" scarry shit there.

I dont ride roller coasters that much, but ever since I was a kid and got scared of this one that did loopty loops, then I rode it and loved it, I never get scared!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Love em.....except Ferris Wheels. Hate those. They scare me.

Yeah, they creep me out a little, too.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Roller coasters I love - I rarely ever ride, though, because I can't stand the parks. If I could go and ride the coasters without standing in line with a bunch of rude, sweaty people for 45 minutes, I'd be fine.

So I don't ride many of the new cool-ass coasters. I would LOVE to, though!

Actually, I tend to avoid situations like that. I get very grumpy, sort of feel claustrophobic, and I'm no fun to be around. I just don't get off on the heat, the rude people, and being crowded.

Easy Does It

Carnies scare me you know small hands smell like cabbages But seriously, did you see the pikies setting up the carnival ride at skydive atlanta..Now they were scary:S
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I love amusement park rides, but I sometimes get motion sick anymore. I've never been air sick or sea sick, but I almost puked on "The Paratrooper" ride at Enchanted Village, not a very wild ride at that. Ahh, the irony. :S

I love the "Extreme Scream" with the nice, weightless freefall. It's just like a cutaway without having to get your reserve out. Very relaxing. B|

Well, I am not a thrill-seeker, so can I still answer your poll??? :P
I am a fun-seeker though:).

Anyway, I think for the most parts amusement parks are kinda lame. I once went to Oktober Fest with some skydivers and had a great time on the rides, but that's only because one of the guys was drunk and I was watching to see if he would puke.:D
Plus, we went on that zipper-ride thing, where you try and get the cage you're in to flip over while the cages are moving. I cracked up laughing as me and the drunk guy tried getting it to flip over--:D

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I voted "Hell, No," although there has been one exception to that. I went to an amusement park in Helsinki a few years back. There was a teenager in the back of the train running the engine, giving it more juice to get us up the hills and such. I much prefer the mechanically run rides.

On a different topic, the idea of bungee jumping scares the shit out of me!!!!

~Anne

I'm a Doll!!!!

<---LOVES all roller-coasters!:P

I don't, however, enjoy those pirate ship things that go all the way around, but kinda go back/forth, back/forth and then almost goes all the way over but you end up hanging upside down for minute and then going back the way you came.

That drives me insane and makes me dizzy:S
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

<<<<<<<
My sister and bro in law love them sooooo much they belong to ACE (American Coaster Enthusiast). They plan a least two week long vacations around what new coaster is opening up in the States and what old ones they want to ride again. They have season passes to Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ and go every chance they get.

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.