sd-slider

Anyone aware of any Holiday festivities @ Skydive San Diego?

>but giving or selling those tickets to someone that will use them
>doesn't really help the DZ at all.

I would also add that Buzz will accept Andy's tickets. So your choices are:

-Use em all up now. Andy is thus out the money (or out the slots, which is almost the same.)

-Use em all up in March. Then Buzz is out the money.

-Keep em all and don't use them. No one is out the money.'

Your choice.

If you really want to support the DZO, throw them out

Are you referring to an "Accounts Payable "aspect when you mean support? since we paid the tickets already, he has to supply the service therefore unused tickets means service not supplied thereby increasing his profit by lowering his Accounts Payable. If this is the case and you plan to do this, it would a good idea to tell Andy for accounting purposes.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Keith,
Seems the only time you respond to my posts is to dis me. What's up with that?

Please re-read my post. It states a simple observation: most of the folks all fired up and upset about the Skydive San Diego situation are seemingly unwilling to ask the source: Buzz. Yet, they are VERY willing to disparage and vilify the guy online when operating with just half the story.

Ask him about it, then make a judgement. That's the adult thing to do.
Rondo

I appreciate the posts from people stating there are two sides. Let me clarify some of the misinformation:

There will be no break in jumping. We will be jumping in January.

All gift certificates and tickets will be honored.

Andy and I have been working for the last 3 months on the renewal/expiration of the management agreement. This is not an "opportunistic" taking of the dropzone or something that was done in haste without thought or discussions.

I entered into a management agreement with Andy which was for a peiod of two years. That contract could be extended based on mutual agreement. In other words, if either one wanted out, they had that option. There were no hidden clauses or trapdoors.

Andy is not being terminated or kicked off the DZ. The contract is expiring on it's own accord.

I've left two phone messages for Chuck Appley but have yet to get a returned phone call. I spoke with Andy regarding Chuck and he was surprised by his comments too. One of Chucks comments at the DZ was "we are going to make Buzz Pay". He has also stated that Andy has paid for all improvements and I am taking them from him. Again, that is absolutly not true. Ask Andy if you do not believe me.

As for Don Carr stating he has heard both sides, this is simply not true. I have yet to speak with him but am willing to sit down and explain as much as I can.

I do consider Andy a friend and think that alot has been accomplished over the last two years. I have vowed to assist him in every way in his future endeavor. In respect to Andy, I would refer you to ask him any details of the management agreement. If he wishes to share it, I have no problem with it.

Once again, Thanks to all who did not blindly accept one side of the story. Feel free to e-mail me and I will even send you my phone number if you wish .

Respectfully,

Buzz Fink

To all those concerned about the Skydive San Diego business, this is cindy with manifest. I'm sure you all understand how I feel about the situation:( With that being said I feel that we should all handle this matter with a degree of maturity. Posting negative comments is not going to help, it is spreading bad vibes! If your goal is to support Andy we need to refocus our enery in a positive direction.

Cindy

I agree whole-heartedly with Cindy that negative comments are not beneficial, especially in the absence of any compelling reason to do so...

I have had nothing in my dealings with either Buzz or Andy to cause me to have anything but respect for them. I have no evidence that there was any problem in their dealings with each other, and I choose to honor each of them till further info on the operational change at Otay is known. I have not yet had the opportunity to talk to either of them, so in the meantime, I'll discount the mudslinging that is occurring here as a predictable fear of change.

Buzz took over Otay and made some significant improvements, Andy followed with the stunning upgrades we've seen in the last couple years. This DZ has overcome alot in the last three plus years... I hope it will continue to blossom, with Andy, Buzz, and all the great staff there continuing to prosper.

My heart felt appreciation goes out to everyone there, staff and jumpers alike, who have made it the great place that I trust it will remain.

Russ

Generally, it is your choice; will your life serve as an example... or a warning?

I can appreciate the nature of Buzz & Andy's business relationship, but that doesn't mean I'm any less disappointed to see Andy go. He's put in so much hard work improving the DZ; nobody will forget that anytime soon. I'd like to extend my best wishes to Andy wherever he goes.

I'll also continue to support my local DZ. Skydiving may be a sport but it's also a business. See you all at the DZ.

Blue skies,

Brian