MakeItHappen

What do you call this formation?

Jan, that is so open to some "red-state" "blue-state" thingie I just blew cola out my nose.

There is no competitive two-way manual that I'm aware of, so I'm agreeing with Dom. Two skydivers shaking hands.

Or the collective strength of the red states supporting the something-something of the blue states.

:ph34r:

There is no competitive two-way manual that I'm aware of, so I'm agreeing with Dom. Two skydivers shaking hands.

I thought there was a collegiate two way table of formations. I did a two way comp and that is what we followed. I can't remember what that was called though.

edit: I didn't see the poll. I think it is called opposed in the formations I speak of.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Geeeezzzzz……..

Here I have a legitimate concern and all you folks can do is make fun ;)
What's with that?

This question came about from two mini-projects.
One is my prototype scoring system and the other is getting some copies of old 4-way dive pools to a friend.

So I was leafing thru my extensive formation collection and saw that that two-way formation was called 'opposed stairstep' in the USPA Comp Manual. I thought that was strange. I always called that formation an 'open accordion'.

In 4-way, there has been 'open accordion', 'stairstep', 'open stairstep', 'opposed stairstep' and 'compressed stairstep'.

How many of you 'new guys' know that the 'satellite' was called a 'baby tooth' back in the 'olden days'? Do you know what a 'molar' was?

I am serious here.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Jan, that is so open to some "red-state" "blue-state" thingie I just blew cola out my nose.

Or the collective strength of the red states supporting the something-something of the blue states.

Leave the political intepretations at home.
The graphic comes from Formations for Dummies - used with expressed written permission.

For a 2-way dive pool, check of the USPA Comp Manual - Collegiates section.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker