rigger_b

Binding tape (3/4" T-III); gold or yellow?

I recently ordered a rig in black with gold binding. When it arrived the binding was yellow, not gold. The manufacturer claimed the yellow tape was defined as gold now. Has anyone else run into this problem with yellow being substituted for gold?

Check on www.paragear.com
>Rigging Equipment
>Raw Materials
>Binding and Support Tape

EDIT: The 3/4" T-III (Item W9830) appears to come in gold. That doesn't mean their website hasn't been updated to reflect a change. You may wish to email or call them to find out.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

The manufacturer shows both yellow and gold available on their website and the printed order form shows both colors available. It appears that now gold has become yellow. I'm sure this helps with material stocking if you need 1 less roll of tape but then this should be reflected on the website and the order form so customers know what they're getting.

Well, I can't disagree with that. It should be communicated to the end-customer that "Gold is really yellow, do you want yellow or a different color?"
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I recently ordered a rig in black with gold binding. When it arrived the binding was yellow, not gold. The manufacturer claimed the yellow tape was defined as gold now. Has anyone else run into this problem with yellow being substituted for gold?

Yea. Have.
What annoyed me was ordering (don't remember where from) several materials (type IV, XII, binding, etc...) all from one vender on the same order and all in "Gold" and getting three different colors... (not even complementory shades)[:/]

JW
Always remember that some clouds are harder than others...

Yea. Have.
What annoyed me was ordering (don't remember where from) several materials (type IV, XII, binding, etc...) all from one vender on the same order and all in "Gold" and getting three different colors... (not even complementory shades)[:/]

JW

Gold =yellow, always has. Yellow is a different shade of gold/yellow, color will vary from one batch to another. Take black fabric for instance, there are three basic black foundations in most of the fabric we use: blue/ black, brown/ black and green/ black. Mix them together on the same rig and they will not match, sometimes quite spectacularly, that's how the game goes, always has.

Mick.