maurice1369

Checkered container

No one will checkerboard the webbing that is part of the harness or risers. That needs to be a solid piece of webbing.

Wings used to do the checkerboards but I haven't seen a new one of those in a while. Its not going to be a free option no matter who does it ;)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I already contacted WINGS and they no longer offer the checkerboard for the container. As far as the harness I wanted to make the right side black, the left side red, the cutaway handle red and the reserve handle black. I do not know if it is even possible but I have already contacted the manufacturer. I am just waiting
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

Well,

It looks like I can't get the Container itself checkered but I may be able to get the right side of the harness black with a red cutaway pillow and the left side red with a black reserve handle. I will take what I can get. Hell, I am also gonna have the right legstrap black and the right legstrap red
EXPECT THE WORST, HOPE FOR THE BEST!!!

I have seen many rigs with fabric that the owner provided, such as camo

Hm. In my 10 years of selling gear, not once did a customer send fabric for a container.

Fabric used on a container must come with a certificate from the manufacturer that states it meets certain requirements (think mil-spec). Then the container manufacturer has to inspect the fabric to be SURE it meets those requirements.

So I guess if you wanted to make the effort to find fabric that comes with a certificate, and it was then inspected and accepted by the manufacturer you could do that. Dunno why anybody would want to when it's so much easier to pick from the stuff the manufacturer has in stock though.

One thing that I can guarantee you can't do is have your local rigger sew pieces together and then send it to the manufacturer to be put on a container.

Hm. In my 10 years of selling gear, not once did a customer send fabric for a container.

Fabric used on a container must come with a certificate from the manufacturer that states it meets certain requirements (think mil-spec). Then the container manufacturer has to inspect the fabric to be SURE it meets those requirements.

So that mink container Booth built with the diamond-studded 3-rings was Mil-spec mink? Cool!B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

So that mink container Booth built with the diamond-studded 3-rings was Mil-spec mink? Cool!B|

Hell yeah....ALL the S.F. guys use 'em! ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

So that mink container Booth built with the diamond-studded 3-rings was Mil-spec mink?

Was it jumped?

IIRC, it was brown or tan cordura trimmed in mink. I think the mink portions had cordura or parapack under the mink. The points where you normally find padding, (backpad, shoulders, legstraps), were mink. The hardware was gold-plated, and the large ring (of the large-type 3-rings), had a 1 carat diamond in the corner.

It was the 10,000th rig Booth had produced. I was standing there at RWS's booth at the Nationals, talking to The Bearded One himself, when this drop-dead gorgeous blonde barely wearing a halter top and skimpy cutoff jeans saw the rig and stopped to look at it:

"Ooh!" she squealed, "Can I try it on?"

Being the gentleman, Bill helped her into it. More squeals of delight:

"Oh, this would be great for night-naked jumps! I wouldn't get boob-burns or anything!"

I can't speak for Bill, but that incident certainly has stuck in my mind.:)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:|

ryoder
bytch
the OP
Et All,

Wake up and smell the coffee here folks.

We're talking the ol' Don't Do As I Do, Do As I Say thing here with a bit of the Rank Has Its Priveledges (RHIP) thing thrown in on top of that.

If Bill Booth wants to make a "one off" rig made out of mink-skin or what not... or the gang at Sunpath want to make a "see through" rig... or any other funky rig from any other mfgr... they're just gonna go and do it... AND... if they jump it, they're gonna do that too.

Now, for the rest of us smucks... like bytch says... "One thing that I can guarantee you can't do is have your local rigger sew pieces together and then send it to the manufacturer to be put on a container."

Reality bites. Deal with it. [:/]

Reality bites. Deal with it

The reality of the situation is that any of those manufactures will make just about anything you want. You just have to be willing to pay for it. Not an extra $300 option, but toss a few tens of thousands of dollars and they might. Toss $100k onto the fire and I'm sure they'll make you just about anything you want as long as its safe and meets the TSO.

So its not that we're all average smucks, its that we just don't have that kind of "walking around money."
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Thus rendering the rig un-airworthy! Easy enough to have a checkered rig, harder to have it airworthy.

User of markers can have unknown effects tothe material and no rigger should be willing to accept responcibility for unknown material potentially leading to structural failure of the rig.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I had a brilliant idea yesterday regarding your situation. Buy a red rig, and go to town with a sharpie. Booya

I know this is going to come off like I'm truly living up to my screen name, but oh well.

I have a brilliant idea right now. Don't give advice in the topical forums if you don't know what you are talking about. If you go ahead and give advice when you don't know what you are talking about, don't get all pissy when someone who does know what you are talking about calls bullshit on you.

I had a brilliant idea yesterday regarding your situation. Buy a red rig, and go to town with a sharpie. Booya

I know this is going to come off like I'm truly living up to my screen name, but oh well.

I have a brilliant idea right now. Don't give advice in the topical forums if you don't know what you are talking about. If you go ahead and give advice when you don't know what you are talking about, don't get all pissy when someone who does know what you are talking about calls bullshit on you.

So what you are trying to say is... STFU, less posting more jumping right?

Just trying to make sure I am understanding your point ok. :ph34r:
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P