cocheese

If you lurk here daily but have less than 100 posts

Yeah, I'm with i.c.

You guys usually say stuff much better than I could. Especially RhondaLea. She is smart - and wise. Very intimidating.

Wow! That's all I can say. Oh, and "thank you, that was kind."

But I don't mean to be intimidating--except to The artist formerly known as Sinker, of course, but mostly he's not intimidated by me anyway :S--and I certainly don't feel intimidating.

It has been pointed out to me on occasion that some of my posts sound angry or perhaps that I was weaned on a dill pickle :D, but I think that's just my writing style, because while I sometimes feel a little boggled at the variety of thought here, I don't ever sit in front of my monitor with smoke coming out of my ears. And I only have total contempt for a single poster, but I don't think that's a mystery to anyone.

I'll work on being better.

Anyway, it's also fun to lurk :P

As I mentioned in the PM, someone who knows how to spell, use grammar correctly and make paragraphs should be posting more, not less.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

As I mentioned in the PM, someone who knows how to spell, use grammar correctly and make paragraphs should be posting more, not less.

rl

ya i agri with u 100 pecant. :D

what if they have a reading writting problem? does that mean they shouldn't post? :o

Did I say that?

Tell you what, there's a guy who posts over in the Base Zone who is about as hard for me to read as a foreign language. His grammar, spelling and punctuation are more than unusual.

I take the time, however, because he's very bright, he has a vast depth of knowledge on more than one subject, and he's just a likable guy.

On the other hand, if I think someone is a total idiot otherwise, there's nothing like a gratuitous spelling flame to convey the idea that "you're an idiot" without actually saying "you're an idiot." Everyone makes written errors at one time or another, even the best writers, so it's no big deal. But look at my sig. "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." And it is. But sometimes you can take a gratuitous swipe at one.

If someone impresses me as otherwise bright but unable to convey their ideas elegantly, I'll still read their posts, and I'll even try to help them get across their ideas, whether I agree with those ideas or not. Argument (as strictly defined) is for learning, not for pounding someone into the ground. If you see me pounding someone into the ground, it doesn't have much to do with whether they agree with me or not (there are times when "he who shall remain nameless" has posted things with which I agree, but that doesn't make me like him, and there are times when people I respect and admire post things with which I take serious issue, but I don't respect and admire them any less).

I've gone completely off topic now, both for the thread and this side conversation, but what goes on here, especially over in SC, has bothered me for some time, and this tangent is the result. I thank you for the opening, but no one else will. Sorry.

The straight answer to your question is that people who write well are easier to read and understand, and they are more likely to have their posts read. That doesn't mean that the less gifted in that regard should not post, but it wouldn't hurt for them to give some attention to the way they convey their ideas.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

On the other hand, if I think someone is a total idiot otherwise, there's nothing like a gratuitous spelling flame to convey the idea that "you're an idiot" without actually saying "you're an idiot."

Execept around here it would be "your an idiot.";)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

On the other hand, if I think someone is a total idiot otherwise, there's nothing like a gratuitous spelling flame to convey the idea that "you're an idiot" without actually saying "you're an idiot."

Thank you for a laugh that came straight from my belly. :D:D

Yup, I am guilty as charged..I think I have been a member for the last 4-5 years but dont post-whore as much as I should.;)

Every morning with my cup of tea, I check the news and DZ.com before heading out. Personally for me "Bonfire" is like a tv soap-opera and I find it pretty entertaining with very interesting actors.B|

In my defense I would say, I am more of a spectator than an actor and like my other "lurker" buddies, dont usually have anything more meaningful to add or sometime simply just too lazy to type.

So post-whore on everyone, I'll be watching you….ofcourse purely in a non-perverted, non-sickko and non-stalker like manner.:D

G

I don't post more often about actual skydiving questions because there are too many skygods on the forums who always put down the little people. :(

Now any time I actually have a question, I just PM someone who I know is nice.

So, what exactly does it take to get a fellatio number??

See , now that IS great dz.com humor. Cracked me up too.

Rhondalea is INTIMIDATING ! especially when she has her whips and handcuffs.

Hey this thread has been a good way for a few newbies to say hello. Hope we don't create a monster. I'm bad enough.

So, what exactly does it take to get a fellatio number??

You and a member of the opposite sex (who already has their number) launch a 69 out of the plane, tumble around, and munch B| If your crotch isn't wet when you land, you didn't do it right.

I got my Fallatio on my 69th jump. My Fallatio partner was Packaho. We were at Sebastian 1/2/05, we launched the 69 out of the Otter, tumbled for a while, then 6 people dove down to us and we did a 5 point 8 way. B| That's my favorite jump.

I'll be at Z-hills for new year's if any females want to get their Fallatio number ;)

Fallatio was also the name of my school's (Virginia Tech) 4-way team for collegiates, but the officials wouldn't accept it, so they called us "No Name", but in Parachutist we are listed at "Fall"