badlock

Why I jumped a whole Season with a BASE rig from 13K ft...

This was an assembly error, not a packing error. Hopefully any rigger doing the first repack would have noticed the assembly error.

Yes. Three times as many repacks also means three times the likelihood of rigging errors being made. It's a wash.

Yes. Three times as many repacks also means three times the likelihood of rigging errors being made. It's a wash.

This was an assembly error, not a packing error. Hopefully any rigger doing the first repack would have noticed the assembly error.

This particular case was an assembly error, but packing errors do happen.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

Of course, I didn't jump with a BASE rig out of airplanes

why is that "of course?". I have finally found my own pilot/plane...it`s a little more expensive, but that is what i pay for freedom...i choose my own jump/pull altitude and my own DZ ...that`s skydiving hahahahaB|

Always carry a knife . . . it's the emergency procedure for when you are all out of emergency procedures . . .

(I've seen a lot of bad rigging, but that's real bad).

NickD :)

Ok I gota ask.....just what would you have done with a knife under that reserve other than put yourself out of misery before impact?

Cut the misrouted steering line which would be causing a turn once it opened (fine, but a bit hard as the slider went down the lines and the left side got narrower as it traversed the crossed lines).

I'm having some difficulty visualizing what it would do, but still arrived at the same picture as you. I'm not even sure the turn wouldn't be correctable without a knife, though that's certainly NO excuse for the misrigging.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)