ccowden

WINNERS of the Free Day of Coaching!

80 bucks? dang... come to Raeford, buy my slot and lunch and you out a whooping 27 bucks

**Where is Raeford** Sounds like it just might be worth a trip over now.
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

80 bucks? dang... come to Raeford, buy my slot and lunch and you out a whooping 27 bucks

Actually, they would be paying about $47. Coaching prices at $80 would include both slots.

While I agree that $80 is alot of money, I do not think it is too much to pay for the coaches and schools that can charge it. I would say that most coaching prices go for between $55 and $75 with a few that are higher. We are talking about coaches who have thousands of jumps and are highly experienced in teaching their discipline.

Coaching is WELL worth the money. I wouldn't expect coaches to do it for free or even for just their costs, and I in no way am putting down what people get for coaching costs by running this contest. I am simply trying to help a couple people out because I can and I love to teach and try to pass along some of what I have learned in my 2900 jumps. Professional coaches have invested years and years of their time and thousands of dollars to learn what they have and now are trying to make a living giving back to the skydiving community by teaching others. In my opinion, coaches deserve alot more than "80 bucks," but the business just won't support it.

So before we go off on a tangent about how much it costs to get coaching and how little others are willing to do it for, please don't forget what you are paying for. Professional coaches aren't getting rich. In most cases, they are just getting by, and they are doing it by their willingness to devote themselves to teaching others what they know.

Congrats to Gia and GTAVercetti! I'm very happy for you both :)
That's so great that you are doing this Chris! Even though I didn't win I was happy that I was considered :)

DITTO!!

Best of jumping..and let us know what you do learn~~:)
IF you are going to be Stupid - you better be tough!

Put this into perspective.

Slots here are 23 a piece. 23 X 2 = 46.00
Pack job for the coach 6.00 = 52.00

So the pro coaches are making 28 bucks a jump. I get 32-36 for a Tandem or AFF jump.

Lets look at how much I he *spent* to be able to coach.

2900 jumps X (a good rate...say 15.00) = $43,500.00. And thats not including pack jobs, gear, him getting coached...ect.

80 bucks/jump is a deal. I charge 25 a jump or 150 per day and thats with all my jumps and packjobs covered.

Chris: Bravo to you. PM sent.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Please dont misunderstand... I am not knocking the price, and am sure that it is well worth the cost.

not to confuse, so here is my breakdown
my slot 22
your slot 22
packjob 5
total 49

Now for friends I usually dont charge anything, I just jump with them because it is fun. Thats why I jump; to have fun, hang around people of like interest. So I am really not making any money. Thats what flying tandme video are for.
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Don't think anyone misunderstood. You are using this thread to promote how cheap you do coaching.

If you coach for the love of teaching, then I applaud you. But if you just want people to be impressed with how cheap you do it, which is what my impression is from your posts, then you are really missing the point.

I mean, I post a thread to announce the winners of a free day of coaching, and you feel the need to post how cheap you do coaching for?

Please dont misunderstand... I am not knocking the price, and am sure that it is well worth the cost.

not to confuse, so here is my breakdown
my slot 22
your slot 22
packjob 5
total 49

Now for friends I usually dont charge anything, I just jump with them because it is fun. Thats why I jump; to have fun, hang around people of like interest. So I am really not making any money. Thats what flying tandme video are for.

I don't think you are bashing him. But ,and no offense here since I know you....But do you think that a guy with 2,000 more jumps than you might be a better coach and worth more? For example I bet you are a better FF coach than I am since I don't do much in the way of freefly.

He is doing a good service, one I commend him for. You help out as well and thats great. The more that put back the better everyone will be.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

What are you coaching - wingsuit and/or freefly?

How does your experience break down jump number wise in these disciplines? What ratings (eg BMI, PFI) do you hold?

My apologies for all the questions, but I'd like to get an understanding of your background as a coach.

I don't think you are bashing him. But ,and no offense here since I know you....But do you think that a guy with 2,000 more jumps than you might be a better coach and worth more? For example I bet you are a better FF coach than I am since I don't do much in the way of freefly.

He is doing a good service, one I commend him for. You help out as well and thats great. The more that put back the better everyone will be.

heck ya he is way more experiance coach as as said before is well worth the money

For the record I was not promoting how "economical" I do coaching. For that matter, I am 90%+/- doing it for free anyway, for the fun of the challenge. It is so not even about the money.

Chris congrats and good luck with what you are doing.

We are all putting back into the big skydiving pot, lets leave it at that

My appologies, I will go back to my hole...
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...