shaz_nz

main & Reserve help

Hi All

New to the sport and just want to know what size Main & Reserve i need

I'm 100Kg's i think that's about 220LBs

How much do i need to add for my exit weight about 20LBs???? so about 240/250LBs exit weight so if i use a 250sqf main would you use the same Reserve??

Thanks For your Help!!!

basic answer is yes, simliar size reserve

smaller options later...maybe...if you feel the need and once you build experience , skill and understand better the risks you are taking by going down that path....a path which is really really unecessary right now
regards, Steve
the older I get...the better I was

You may try other way. Pick a H/C e.g.: Icon or Wings, than choose a main size, than you'll see that reserve you may fit on a H/C that can hold your main.

I have to disagree with this comment. One should pick the reserve - first. The main canopy is not your primary canopy; the reserve is.
Choose proper reserve first, then main - Most of the H/C manufacturers can make the rig to fit disparate reserve/mains.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Like Bigun said, plus:
Yes, 100 kilograms = 220 pounds, but I think you'll find that with a rig this size your exit weight will be more like 260. For what it's worth, USPA recommends a wing loading of less than 1.0 pounds per square foot until you have a C license, namely 200 jumps. In other words, they and I would both recommend that you get at least a 260 main and reserve, preferably a little bigger.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan