kelel01

Do you carry hatred in your heart?

Well, except for Alex :D, no.

The real answer is that immediately after an incident that would cause me to have a hate-on for someone, I probably do hate that person for a little while. But, much like everything else that one fails to nurture, it doesn't last all that long.

It used to be that I could hold a grudge, but indifference feels much better. I have no hesitation about writing people off anymore. And once I do, expending the energy it would take to hate them is more energy than I have to offer.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

I hold one person directly responsible for screwing me over for a promotion once... and she's not what I would call a good person. For a long time, I HATED her. I've worked through that, and now I just hold some disdain and contempt for her, and sympathy for her children.

No one else is really on my list...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

There are plenty of people I truly dislike, but I can only think of two I've ever actually hated. To be honest, I still hate them today, but not having encountered either of them in 15-20 years means the hatred doesn't consume me...I just generally don't think about them.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

The one person that I truly hate is actually the first person for me to truly hate. I have never "hated" someone before. I went thru life letting things role off my back. This person truly opened up my eyes to what and how aweful a person really can be and worse yet, I called him friend (thats a real kicker). If I carried a gun when it first went down, I would have been a VERY dangerous woman. Now if I should every see that scum sucking dick wad crossing the street, I would have a really hard time applying breaks, if you know what I mean.
What he has done to me has changed my out look on life and how I view people, for that I am, also angry at him, besides the other shit he pulled.

WoW, I feel better....:S

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

There are a couple. And I hate them because I stand for something.

It's like asking if you carry love in your heart. Both are basic human emotions. Both are important parts of our being. Why hatred is so "hated" (note the irony of that) is beyond me.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Kelly, I carry all of my extra things in my left boob.
Lip gloss, car key, ID, Money... You know that! :S:D

Well, that's right near your heart, right? So close enough.:P
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hate is more about you than the person you hate

Precisely. The hatred I feel is mine, and mine alone. The reasons for the hatred are mine and nobody else's. The level of hatred is mine and nobody else's.

I don't really want to give someone I dislike that much power over me.

For me, it's more of a reflection of their lack of power over me. I'll admit it - a little hatred every now and then feels good. It gets the adrenaline pumping. Its's really a nice release. It's cathartic,

Hatred, like love or friendship, is a wat to define a relationship. By their very natures, relationships are co-dependent.

***There are some people I pity...I don't really want to give someone I dislike that much power over me. "

I guess I just pity different people. I don't pity rapists or mass-murderers. I' actually pity their victims and hate the malfeasant actor. If the victim becomes the bully, then I'll hate the bully. It's pretty simple.

And, my hatred is a reflection of heir lack of power over me. Those I love have power over me. Those I hate have no power over me. Pretty simple, eh? The only power they have over me is that I may spend some highly beneficial time hating on them. I don't do it very often, though. But I sure feel good afterwards with the knowledge that, yes, I still have my ideas about what is right and is wrong.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

There are people I don't like, not just some of the time, some people I don't like all the time, period.

Do I hate them? No.

But if I had my druthers, I wouldn't have to meet or talk to them, or even think about them, ever again. :)
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

there are loads of people I hate. It not a heavy hate though. Just the kind of hate that if you knew no one was going to find out... you would take to them with a machete and blow torch. then there is the other kind, where you hate them but they haven't done anything bad enough to warrant the machete treatment. Like people that are really annoying...

Waiting till the docs tells me I have AIDS:)
"In one way or the other, I'm a bad brother. Word to the motherf**ker." Eazy-E

Only person i truly hate is the bastard that murdered my sister. I don't spend time everyday thinking about how much i hate him or anything. I refuse to give up my life to dwell on hate, but i do hate him.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

I try hard not to hate anyone. There are a couple of people that I have no respect for due to harm that they have caused me or those dear to my heart, but "hating" them takes lots of energy.
I'm way too busy for that. I just want to focus on those I like to spend time with. It's too short to do otherwise.

Karen

Only person i truly hate is the bastard that murdered my sister. I don't spend time everyday thinking about how much i hate him or anything. I refuse to give up my life to dwell on hate, but i do hate him.

Is that SOB in prison? I hope so...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There is no point in hating others. It only hurts you and makes your life less joyfull. The very best revenge is living well and moving on with your life.

The fact that you publicly bash the DZO and workers of your former DZ every chance you get, send PM's threating bodily injury, I find your statement completely laughable. If you truly feel that way....prove it.

the worst is when you're inadvertently (and sometimes even unknowingly) carrying around a much more general hatred.

You don't hate anyone in particular, but everywhere you go, everything you see, you just sort of hate it all. It's a very sour feeling, and there's no satisfaction in it at all.

I think most people have gone through this at some point in their lives, hopefully not for too long. But it happens, and it's normal.

:)

In order to truly hate you must first truly love. Then you can hate that motherfucker all you want.

This has nothing to do with anything.

:P

damn straight. what she said. truly love her for years, and let her go when she says she wants space. when she shacks up with her neighbor 2 days later let it go. 2 weeks later when she shacks up with you again let it go. and finally, another week later when she shacks up with her ex before you, begin the hate.

and when she shows up at your door last night to give you a christmas card that says, "i know our relationship has changed but i hope we can still make great memories together in the future" ask her to leave, and stop caring at all. :S:S>:(B|

/something about the crazy crazy mad pirate felt appropriate
Does whisky count as beer? - Homer
There's no justice like angry mob justice. - Skinner
Be careful. There's a limited future in low pulls - JohnMitchell