madamfinch

Esprit 150

Hi,

I've been given an Esprit 150, its too worn to make out the Manufacturer even though it is airworthy.

Does anyone know anything about these canopies and their flight characteristics.

Blue Ones All.

This was the canopy that replaced the Nova from GlidePath now known as Flight Concepts. Had a friend that owned a Nova and GlidePath gave him the Esprit to replace it. He had to put a pocket slider on it to tame the openings. I never jumped it nor the Nova (thank god :)

Hi,

I've been given an Esprit 150, its too worn to make out the Manufacturer even though it is airworthy.

Does anyone know anything about these canopies and their flight characteristics.

Blue Ones All.

This was the canopy that replaced the Nova from GlidePath now known as Flight Concepts. Had a friend that owned a Nova and GlidePath gave him the Esprit to replace it. He had to put a pocket slider on it to tame the openings. I never jumped it nor the Nova (thank god :)

I know Charlie Mullins was swooping an Esprit way back when... before the Icarus Extreme showed up on the market. I haven't read the name Esprit in a long time though. But if given the opportunity to jump one, I'd decline.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hi,

I know Charlie Mullins was swooping an Esprit way back when... before the Icarus Extreme showed up on the market. I haven't read the name Esprit in a long time though. But if given the opportunity to jump one, I'd decline.

The Esprit was/is a good canopy, similar to a Sabre, I never had any issues with the opening on mine, if it is properly sized for you then jump it and have fun.

Also have a ton of jumps on a Nova with no problems.
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Hi,

Blue Ones All.

:)

The Esprit, from Glidepath, replaced the ill-fated Nova. The Nova tended to collapse in turbulence, especially the smaller ones.

As a result of the Nova problems, the Esprit was designed to be rock solid in turbulence. They are excellent canopies and perform better than their contemporaries, the Sabres.

Mike Mullins

I remember having an Esprit 170 when I first started jumping. I thought I was the coolest kid on the block. It was a nice canopy, good openings, good landings.
But it's old and there are alot better choices out there. (PD!)
If it was given to ya...sweet...jump it.