scp

I think riggers earn really good money

Video guys have to have their own editing equipment, camera, video camera, and rigs... all maintenence costs are theirs.

And AFF instructors can spend thousands of dollars to get their rating. And they also pay out of pocket for parachute maintenance and packing. Not to mention they're actually responsible for someone else's life.

OOOOoooo the hourly rate when its all said and done? Big $$$ right? My day job pays better. Occasionally rigging pays decent. It's not really about the money. Atleast that's what I remind myself.

Yea, but don't tell my wife that... She thinks the nights and weekends at the loft are actually a high paying respectable gig... like piano player in the whore house...;)
hahaha! She's right. does she know parachutes are expensive like $800 and freefalling is free?

AFF = 7 jumps * 30 = $210
Vidiot = 12 jumps * 40 = $480

There's something drastically wrong with that picture.

The AFF instructor rarely needs to own two rigs or more, and doesn't have to pay for the initial cost, maintinence, and replacement of a $2000+ camera helmet.

That said, the most fair schedule of payment I've ever seen at DZ's is where all jumps pay the same and those with the most qualifications end up doing the most jumps.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

>The AFF instructor rarely needs to own two rigs or more . . .

They need a second rig about as often as a videographer needs two rigs. More, actually. An office worker can dub; an office worker can't prep that level III.

>and doesn't have to pay for the initial cost, maintinence, and
>replacement of a $2000+ camera helmet.

So get an $800 helmet. It's like anything else. You can spend $4500 on a rig today; you can get used stuff and put a perfectly safe rig together for $2000 if you want. One of my older rigs cost me around $1800 for container, main, reserve and cypres, and none of it was crap.

>the most fair schedule of payment I've ever seen at DZ's is where all
>jumps pay the same and those with the most qualifications end up doing
>the most jumps.

That's pretty fair. (Although I think TM's who take overweight passengers definitely deserve additional pay!)

>The AFF instructor rarely needs to own two rigs or more . . .

They need a second rig about as often as a videographer needs two rigs. More, actually. An office worker can dub; an office worker can't prep that level III.

But while the AFF instructor is prepping that level 3 and the office worker is dubbing the video, the camera flyer is ready to get on a load before his rig can be packed.

You can't (or maybe it should be shouldn't) do back-to-backs as an AFFI, but it is a fairly common thing for a camera flyer.