scp

Is it ok to use the CYPRES loop lubricant on the slider grommets to prevent the lines and minirisers from getting worn too much?

Well? Also what is the lubricant main component? silicone?

Is it ok to use the CYPRES loop lubricant in other specific parts of the rig? (i.e cleaning the cutaway cables, lubricating the inside of the hard housings, lubricating the grommets of the closing flaps)

No No No... Don't use it for any of that.... It's meant for one specific task.. It might work on other things. It might not. You can experiment, but, I think that others have though of it... If it worked in other areas they would recommend it... It might collect debrees... Might add to wear and tear. That's a hard one but, no I wouldn't put it on any of that... I'd imagine that each part will have an impact unique to it's design.... Maybe best not to mess around... Maybe not.. hmmm... I wonder what others think... Good question!
Make the most of what ya got!

Well? Also what is the lubricant main component? silicone?

Is it ok to use the CYPRES loop lubricant in other specific parts of the rig? (i.e cleaning the cutaway cables, lubricating the inside of the hard housings, lubricating the grommets of the closing flaps)

Be careful where you would use it. I would NOT use it for cable housings (as stated before) because I feel it would collect dirt. There is one other place I use it and that is on my pilot chute kill line in high wear places. But that is just me
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

NO. Don't use it for anything listed. Or anything else you can come up with. Every suggestion is WRONG and potentially dangerous! Why in the world do you think gromments need lubrication?

You need to slow down. You have a little knowledge, some of it wrong, and are trying to connect the dots without taking the time to really learn.

You remind me of a new jumper who bought a used rig over the the winter. It was blue, he wanted black, so he decided to use laundry markers to color it black. He did a very good job. It took me a minute to figure out what was wrong. But only doing the front of the webbing was a tip off. The rig was immediately grounded and worthless. He said "it said safe for all fabrics.":S Safe for your boxers isn't safe for your parachute.

Buy Poynter's books and download the FAA manual and spend the next 6 months studying them.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

As said before, do NONE of the above!

Your lines are going to shrink due to heat and require replacement before they "wear out" most likley anyway.

Silicone in lines/risers/cutaway cables is definately going to attact dirt. This is very bad for obvious reasons on cables and will actually INCREASE wear on lines/risers.

United Parachute Technologies recommends cleaning/lubricating cutaway cables with a multi-purpose oil (3-in-1 is perfect). Note they say to use a very small amount of oil, as a thick layer will tend to attact dirt and may increase pull forces in cold weather.

Modern skydiving gear lasts a very long time. The best thing you can do to extend it's life is to store it in a cool, dry, dark place, keep it's time in the trunk of your car limited to going to and from the DZ, and keeping it out of the sun. Beyond that, regular inspections by your rigger and yourself will prevent small, cheap problems from becoming big, expensive problems.
"Some people follow their dreams, others hunt them down and beat them mercilessly into submission."